EPILOGUE : Our Conclusion

"I think he is not that bad"

"Who are you talking about?"

"The Student Council President"

Me and Karuizawa were still walking together side by side. We had separated from the student council president and Tachibana-senpai after speaking a little earlier.

"It's not like he's a bad person right?"

"I mean, the average student's impression of him is that of a 'scary senpai'. But after talking to him directly, he's not that bad. Even though he's still cold."

Karuizawa chuckled.  Either she laughed at the student council president or herself.

But clearly, this is a sight I haven't seen in a long time.

I don't know how long, since when huh?

"Oh yeah Ayanokouji-kun"

"Hmm?"

"I haven't had a chance to tell you about this before. But now I will."

"What's that?"

"When we were talking in the corridor a few days ago, I actually felt someone's presence behind me"

Oh, so she knows?  As I expected from Karuizawa kei.

"So you know too?"

"Sigh. As I thought you knew that too. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why don't you too?"

"I just haven't had the right time"

"Then me too"

"Ah mou. Then, who is that person?"

"That's Kushida"

I already told the truth about Kushida to Karuizawa, so this isn't something that should be hidden from her.

"Kushida-san huh? Somehow I still can't imagine the real her like you told me"

"Well... it's hard to believe if you don't see it by yourself"

Even I was surprised when I first saw it.

"Then what is the purpose of her following us?"

"She wants to find a way to fight me, maybe?"

"Sigh. Kushida-san's past, her relationship with Horikita-san, and the confrontation with you. Everything you tell me makes my head in pain."

"Don't think about it"

"If only it were that easy"

"Don't worry. Let it be my business"

I looked into the depths of her eyes.  Trying to tell her that nothing can bother her.

But instead her reaction was surprised. Her eyes and mouth were wide open.

"Why?"

"Ju... just now. You're smiling"

What?

"What? What do you mean?"

"I swear. You were smiling earlier. Try it again"

"What a pain. I can't smile"

"Liar. It was obvious that you were smiling a little bit."

"Really?"

"Yes"

I'm smiling? I can't even imagine it.  But if i look at my current mood, maybe she's right.