CHAPTER 6 : Valuable Friends

I'm currently walking around the school towards the back of the main school building. Sakayanagi asked me to meet her there. because we have to meet secretly, so we can't choose any place. There's no way I'd go to her room because it would be troublesome if I was seen in the girls' dorm, and there's also no way she would go to my room because she's such a conspicuous existence. just by going to the men's floor alone will raise questions for those who see it.

I don't mean to belittle her disability, but her condition does not allow her to act inconspicuous and sneaky. it's also impossible in cafeterias or other places like karaoke because I don't want to spend my money in vain just for a short meeting. So meeting behind a deserted building is the best option.

I saw Sakayangi was standing right near the lamppost that was provided for lighting, and it seemed that she was not alone.

"Sorry, did I keep you waiting?"

"Not really, I just arrived. Because of my slow pace, I left earlier than ordinary people"

I understand her flaws, but this isn't the first time I've heard her talk about her flaws like nothing. I don't know if she is really a person who is grateful for her shortcomings or she is too confident to feel inferior. staring at her trademark smile that never goes away, my attention then turns to the person behind her.

"She's......"

"Ah, it's fine. I invited Masumi-san to accompany me. After all, what I want to talk about isn't something she shouldn't hear."

Looks like Sakayanagi and Kamuro already have a pretty strong bond with each other. for Kamuro, even though she said she was forced to do it, but I think she is getting more and more comfortable doing all this day by day.

"So what did you call me for?"

"Does Ayanokouji-kun know what trouble Ichinose-san is going through?"

"Ichinose?"

Sakayanagi mentions Ichinose's name. This isn't the first time she's done it, in the previous exam she also asked me about Ichinose and the scandals related to her.

"Why are you discussing Ichinose with me again? I have nothing to do with her"

"Oh of course you don't. But you know, I'm one of the people involved in the trouble Ichinose-san is going through right now."

She suddenly admitted her actions to me without any burden at all as if it didn't matter. And the person who was most surprised was not me but the person next to her, Kamuro.

"Hey, what are you doing Sakayanagi, if you tell Ayanokouji, he could just report it to the school"

"Don't worry Masumi-san, Ayanokouji-kun isn't one to get involved with troublesome things like this, at least not on the surface. Right, Ayanokouji-kun?

"I already said that I won't get involved in the battle between classes. I don't care about the destruction of other classes, be it Ryuen, Sakayanagi, or even Ichinose"

"I see. I'm relieved to hear that"

I don't feel that Sakayanagi really believes what I say. I don't understand what her real motive is. As if she purposely wanted me to know.

Finished with this problem, she jumped into another topic that was completely unrelated to the previous topic. still with her trademark smile, Sakayanagi then opened her mouth.

"Ayanokouji-kun, you've changed huh?"

"changed? what do you mean?"

"Ayanokouji-kun that I knew wouldn't want to be the center of attention of many people. But now that you've changed, what made you change?"