What Happened To Him

I didn't want to ask Josh about the random girl he was flirting with, me and Sammy started hanging out more, she was really nice. She hung out with David, yes we did end up naming my son David. Josh did spend time with David a lot, but there was days where Josh would say he's busy so I wouldn't be able to hang out with me and the baby. I tried to understand but half of me thought he was going to hook up with girls. 

Lily and her husband were real help with David, they took care of him so I could eat, sleep, and even sleep, I fell bad though, we recently found out Lily aunt able to get pregnant due to some hormone malfunction. I know damn well she would've made a great mother. Anyways, today was the first day I go to hell, I wanted to go back to my old home to get a box I had, it was filled with baby things that my parents kept and saved for me. Well now I want it for David. 

I put David in his carseat and drove to the house, when I arrived the house was dull, it seemed dull, it looked empty. It's like that house itself could sigh, and trust me if I was that house, I would be sighing 24/7. I go in and I see my mother smoking and my father drinking whisky, when they turn to see me their eyes go low because I had David in the carseat still. David was making the random cute baby noises they always make. My mother puts her cigaret out and my father puts the cup down. 

"Leslie.." My father said standing up.

"Dad." I said while putting Davids carseat on the couch to face me, not them.

"Honey.." My mother said while taking a quick glance at me, then to the baby.

"Mother." I replied, I wanted to turn the carseat around so they could all see each other, but half of me couldn't forgive what my father sent Josh's father to do to me. 

"May we see our grandchild?" My mother said tearing up.

"We've only thought of the baby, and you, of course." My father said while trying to act like he didn't do a thing.

"Yeah sure, why not." I said while switching the carseat so David and my parents could see each other.

"Oh he's lovely!" My mother said placing her arm over her heart.

I take David out of his carseat and hand him to my mother to hold, I then asked my father if we could speak in his office. He agreed, not lichee had a choice, even if he had said no I would've pulled him by the ear. When we walk in a close the door and sit down, he takes a seat in front of me, we look at each other eye to eye for a good three minutes. 

"What is it you would like to talk about?" He asked putting his hands together.

"Why did you send Josh's father to erase Josh from my memory when you knew damn well I was expecting his baby." I said putting one leg over the other and giving my father the death stare.

"Um, I honestly don't know, maybe because my only daughter who's 16 got pregnant by a man I knew damn well would break your heart." He replies quickly, as if he were being interrogated.

"That I can see, but about about before?" I asked yet again giving him the death stare.

"Because I don't want you to get hurt! You two were so close I know what type of guy Josh is!" My father replied yet again so quickly, like he prepared himself for this moment, like if he pictured this moment before.

"Okay, why did you send Josh's father to go kill Jaxon's mother?" I asked, this time with a confused face.

"I wanted money, I know you know there's a secret in this town, I know what that secret is! It's only a matter of time before you do! Everything in this town, every mystery, every secret, every secretive murder..is because of money!" He answered, now this time I wish he took a while to answer.