𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞.

Back when his lordship, Morax, first descended onto Teyvat, there was another goddess.

Her name was (Y/N), the younger sister of the Goddess of Dust, Guizhong. However, she was the lesser known of the two, worshipped by none. Despite that, she kept her bright attitude although the only thing accompanying her was the moon.

She was passionate about the art of performance, landing her what would be a pyro vision in modern times. A beauty she was, but it was unfortunate that none would notice her.

Until that fateful day Morax descended upon Teyvat, bringing light to her life once more.

"Hello, who might you be?" You asked the hooded male curiously, unable to recall meeting anyone with such unique features

"Hello, who might you be?" You asked the hooded male curiously, unable to recall meeting anyone with such unique features. Your fire red eyes observed his actions with wonder, from his glowing hands to the markings on his arms, but the feature that stood out to you the most was his amber eyes.

"...Morax. I have descended from the heavens to Teyvat." He replied, his voice smooth yet dull. You repeated his name quietly or yourself a few times, sounding it out so that you would be able to pronounce it correctly.

"I am (Y/N)," you stuck out your hand, expecting for him to take it with his own and shake it. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Morax."

He stared at your offered hand in what seemed to be confusion, unfamiliar with this way of greeting. You awkwardly took your hand back to rest behind your back, feeling unworthy of staring into his enchanting amber orbs.

"I suppose you would like a tour or sorts around the area, right?" You smiled pleasantly at him, eyes closed in order to not make eye contact with him.

"Yes, that is correct." He nodded, bringing his hand up to his chin. "Let us make a contract for this agreement, then."

You opened your eyes and cocked your head to the side, a questioning look on your face. However, you decided against arguing and agreed.

"For bringing you around, I would like for you to be my friend."

"...What is a 'friend'?" He stared at you blankly with the slightest hint of confusion swirling in his eyes, having never heard of such a title before. "Is it some sort of guardian?"

"No...?" You looked at him with a shocked expression, surprised that he had never heard of such a thing. "A friend is someone who sticks by you no matter what, and someone you can trust with all of your heart. They are someone who you can smile, laugh, and cry with. They are not typically made by contracts but rather a relationship built from various days spent with each other, learning about the other. Since we have quite the journey ahead of us, I would for us to be able to become friends. That is, if it is okay for you."

"Yes, that is fine for me. I am not the most talkative person, however." He crossed his arms over his chest, staring at you with an unreadable expression.