𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧, 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠.

There was a reason you often had sleepless nights.

More often than not, you would dream of a time before Liyue had been established, a time before visions and a time where gods were run-of-the-mill and wishes were granted.

You were still in your body, yet you felt like an entirely different person. Your vision was nowhere to be seen, yet you still had your flames. A red spider lily was situated in your hair, complimenting your white hair.

Sometimes, your dreams started with you behind a tree, as if you were hiding. There were two other gods who you watched, a male and a female. After the various dreams you had, you came to the conclusion that the male was in fact Rex Lapis, but the female remained a mystery. However, for some odd reason, you felt as if you had a connection to her, as if a string tied the both of you together.

The both of them seemed to be having a merry time together, enjoying a drink out of their cups. You felt as though you were out of place, intruding on what seemed to be a private moment between the two. As you were about to leave, a mention of your name caught your attention.

"(Y/N)? What about her?" Rex Lapis had asked after a brief moment of him trying to remember who you were.

"I haven't heard from her in awhile, and none of my disciples have said that they've seen any spider lilies or heard soft singing. I'm worried for her." The beautiful woman said, seemingly looking into the distance longingly.

"I'm sure she's alright. She may not be the best at combat but she can charm her way out of many situations." He reassured her with a hand on her back, eyes watching her rather than the sunset in front of him.

"I hope so," she sighed, looking down at her cup. "I miss her."

"And I'm sure she misses you too. You are her beloved elder sister, after all."

Sister?

"You flatter me, Morax." She chuckled, plucking a glaze lily which had bloomed near them and tucking it in his hair. He merely gave her a soft look, as if he was in love.

You didn't know Rex Lapis. You've never even really saw him. You don't know him at all, but why did your heart hurt so much?

 You don't know him at all, but why did your heart hurt so much?

That dream left you confused and intrigued. Was this you in your past life?

Your schedule was clear for the day after the dream so you spent your time basking in the Liyuean sun and visiting various stalls to eat the cuisine you've grown to love. Sure, you missed Inazuman cuisine, but Liyuean cuisine was a fine replacement for it.