Six Feet Under

Hi :D Sorry for going on an unannounced hiatus lol. I had exams last week and was busy studying for it. Also cause my mother gave me limited time smh. This chapter is a little different than the others, and definitely shorter lol. Enjoy!

Song of the chapter is Six Feet Under by Billie Eilish

—✄————————————————————————————

Kris walked down the corridors, separated from Selever's group. The autumn leaves have nearly all fallen as she stepped on them, enjoying the satisfying crunch from most, frowning upon stepping on flat ones. Regardless of the fact that she's a girl, she much preferred the male uniform. At least the school allowed cross dressing.

She kicked at a stone as the air chilled around her. She glared at the atmosphere as if it was the reason she made a deal with the wish merchant. She shuddered at the thought of Aliana coming after her, that dealmaker in disguise. Her gaze wandered as Kris lugged her bookbag

Obey my orders, Aliana said. And I won't spill your secret, Aliana said. Your wish will come true, Aliana said. "Well it bloody won't!" Kris screamed in her head as she glared at the closed flowers on the cold ground.

She ran a sweaty hand through her dark hair, the tips dyed with orange as she sighed. Kris had to 'take care' of that Y/n or her soul would be property of that seductive merchant. Why did she even summon her? Oh yeah, so her wish could come true. But it hadn't yet.

A flash of pink caught her eye as she spotted a piece of paper fly out from Y/n's bookbag as they and Scyent walked by. Kris caught it in her hand, slipping it into her own bookbag as she quickly headed to the dormitories. Y/n and Scyent didn't seem to notice, that was good.

Kris stood before the dormitories, a block of building planted in the earth with towers to mark your location. There was an entire floating floor, connected to the ground via two intricate elevators powered by magic and machinery. Sunk deep in the earth was the cavernous underground dorms, also connected with elevators.

Kris walked to a small building behind the ground dormitories. She walked in and pressed a button labeled 'Aerial' as a quiet buzz could be heard. She waited as an elevator descended from above, the grating on the doors unweaving to allow Kris to walk in. The grates reformed themselves, displaying the school logo in its center as the elevator shuddered.

The elevator rose, the glass walls separating the inside from the out giving a view over the grounds of Crythis. Kris stared at it, a wave of sadness washing over her face before it went away as quickly as it came. A buzzing sound could be heard once more as the elevator dinged and the grates unravelled to let her into the Aerial common room.

She stared at the digital floor, displaying clouds and around the room. Most people were quietly chatting amongst themselves as her grip on her bookbag grew tighter. She walked over to the spiral staircase leading to the hall of rooms and climbed the steps. With each step, she planned a way to get rid of Y/n.

Step. Felyus potion perhaps?

Step. Or maybe a gryend's box. No one ever escapes it.

Step. Aliana wants Selever to herself, doesn't she?

Step. Perhaps Kris could try to let Y/n themselves part from Selever.

Step. It would save her the trouble of having to kill Y/n.

Kris exited the stairs and walked down the corridor, heading for her room at the end of it. The velvet carpeted floors muted her footsteps as she walked sluggishly, pent up rage at Y/n for making her life difficult. She placed her room key into the doorknob and turned it, gently opening the door. She proceeded to slam it hard, tossing her bookbag on her big fluffy bed.

She took off her coat and proceeded to hang it on her desk chair when the air turned cold. "Of course. Aliana's here." She whispered under her breath as the serpentine merchant appeared, clad in a heavy toasted yellow cloak, the brown fluffs around the neck making her seem cute yet dangerous. Under the cloak she had worn an assortment of belts full of pouches filled with playing cards. Her hair was clipped by the side with a golden spiral hair clip.

Aliana twirled the strands of her curly hair as she side-stared at Kris. "Kris honey, aren't you supposed to take care of that hygiene monitor. They really mess up my aura, y'know?" Her smile turned into a malicious smirk as Kris' mouth lay dangling open.

"Oh yea I might as well commit mass genocide in front of the whole school while we're at it huh?" She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes as Aliana growled.

The serpent pushed Kris against the wall, her tongue flicking like a cobra's as the latter flustered at the action. "Listen here, hun. Either you get rid of them or I get rid of them myself. I'm giving you a chance to prove yourself, my little failure." The serpent let go of Kris who collapsed into a confused mess, chuckling as she left the latter and left Kris' room, leaving a muted comment.

"She's hopeless."

—✄————————————————————————————

World building is hard but I love it.