Unstoppable

I'm not dead lul. Also probs won't be revamping book cover in a while because holy fuck, the deadline for my story is on 31st August and I haven't done a book cover for it which is compulsory.

Anyways, this will be the first chapter using the poll thing.

Song is Unstoppable by Neovaii.

—✄————————————————————————————

Y/n walked across the school grounds, the chill air taking their breath away as they pocketed Aliana's box.. Oh how they wanted to just stand in the open and let the air swallow them whole, to fade into nothingness. It must be a natural feeling, surely.

They stopped in their tracks, taking out their book of shadows and flicking their finger to a page. There was the same summoning circle they had accidentally used to summon Selever. White marks were drawn all over it, trying to decipher it so that they could alter the code and allow Selever's sister to at least accompany him before they attempt to send them back into the Void.

A guy ran past them, bumping into them. "What the fuck-" He glared at the dazed Y/n. His skin was a dark red, not unlike some of the other nonhuman students in the school. His tentacle-like hair was pulled back into a ponytail as his teeth were bare in an annoyed frown. The uniform's bow was loose and dangling as the top button of his shirt was off.

Y/n mumbled and took out their pen and pad from their side pouch, rolling their eyes. "State your name, class, and business." They looked up at the taller figure as he growled.

"Just let me go, Jesus." He barked, hauling his bookbag.

"Well, as a hygiene monitor, I have to do as I'm supposed to." Y/n replied, flashing the pendant on their necklace much to the irritance of the student. "Your bow is loose, and your top two buttons on your shirt are missing. So Imma repeat this again, state your name, class, and business."

"Fine, fine. The name's Aldryx Andromeda, from 11 Eidryx, and I'm going to see my father in the Office." He said, turning away from Y/n before they halted him once more.

"Oh, you're Mr. Solazar's kid, eh?" Y/n raised an eyebrow. "I think I've seen you during chemistry, though you were absent several times. Bad boy reputation, huh?" They pointed the pen in his direction as they wrapped the scarf slightly tighter around their neck

"Yeah, and what about, nerd?" Aldryx glared as he hefted his bag and turned away, walking as rapidly as possible. Y/n was furious as anyone would be. So they did what any logical person would do, run after the latter like a maniac.

"What the fuck?! Stop chasing me!!" Aldryx screeched as Y/n apprehended him.

"You're disrespecting a hygiene monitor, a.k.a. Me." They grabbed his hand but he yanked it back.

"What the- No! You're disrespecting me! Get out of my personal space!" Y/n raised their hands in the air as if they had done nothing wrong and Aldryx glared at them before continuing his journey to his father's office.

Y/n decided that Selever can wait, it's either they let their curiosity fester into an overwhelming pile of chaos or dive straight into the situation recklessly like an idiot. They chose the latter obviously like the indecisive person they are. They pocketed their pen and pad to follow Aldryx, certainly they must've had a death wish.

And by the looks of it, they could've chosen death over having to face Aldryx' anger. "Ugh, leave me alone." He glared at Y/n who seemed to forget what their goal was.

"Hm, no." They smirked as they picked up the part of their scarf that had just fallen out of the bundle, the small box from the serpent just small enough that it was unnoticeable to others yet constantly hit their thigh at every opportunity. "I'm gonna follow you to your father and show Mr. Solazar how unkempt you are."

A twitch grew in Aldryx's right eye. "Well, he lets me wear the uniform like this, so beat it."

"Oh really? Then we'll see Mr. Solazar's reaction." Y/n stared at their nails, the ends bitten off as they pocketed their hands, the box nagging at them.

"Why you little-" Aldryx had lashed out and grabbed Y/n by their collar, holding them up against the wall with his other hand pointing in their face. "Get out of my business, freak."

"Assaulting a hygiene monitor now-" Y/n attempted to fight back, keeping a straight face at the person behind Aldryx whom he didn't notice.

"You know full on well that your title doesn't excuse this!" The VHS demon snarked as the repetitive tapping of a foot could be heard behind him.

"Neither does it excuse your actions, Aldryx." A fiery blue figure stood behind him, the glow on his glasses bouncing off the surface as Aldryx turned to face him in shock.

"Dad, Y/n was-" He fought to find an excuse before Solazar yanked his hair. "Dad what the fuck?!"

"Apologize." Solazar stated calmly, as if he wasn't holding his son by the hair.

"Fine. I'm sorry, Y/n." Aldryx faked a smile, talking through his teeth as he was let go, some shouting heard in the distance.

"Al, I got that orange juice you wanted- Oh. Hi dad. Hi Y/n." Agoti stumbled upon the scene, surprisingly more rule-abiding than his brother. Y/n waved at him, smiling as he smirked back. Agoti and Y/n were classmates in history and latin classes. Solazar nodded, mildly assuring his presence as he looked at Y/n.

"Well then, Mx L/n. The problem will be dealt with. I'll be off with Aldryx now. Go do... whatever you teens do that doesn't break the rules." Y/n nodded in confirmation.

"Got it, Mr. Solazar." With that, the father and son chaotic duo walked off, Aldryx several times held back by a child leash whenever he tried running off. The only ones left were Agoti and Y/n.

"Well then, looks like I'm free of my chores for the week." Agoti began sipping Aldryx's juice box. "If you need me Y/n, I'll be in the mines."

"Agoti, I swear if you are going with your 'friends' to burn weed again-" Y/n interjected as Agoti laughed.

"Relax Y/n, that was for fire safety practice." He lied as they scoffed.

"The entire underground dorm was full of high students for a day." Y/n shook their head.

"Exactly, fire safety practice. And add radiation or poisoning safety practice." Agoti continued sipping his juice as he walked off.

Y/n shrugged and looked at the school gates. Selever should be somewhere in the Pavillion, assuming Creaking Cottage as it was nearing noon. It felt as though the box in their pocket was intentionally being a sore thumb.

Annoyed, they took it out and glared at it. It was constantly poking at them. Besides, who knows what Aliana was up to.

╔────── ¤ ◎ ¤ ──────╗

「❀ Do you... ♡⋆.ೃ࿔ ཹ։」

✎ Follow Agoti.

✎ Go to the Pavillion for lunch.

╚────── ¤ ◎ ¤ ──────╝

» POLL STATUS: {CLOSE} «
✎Result: Follow Agoti ✎

—✄————————————————————————————

Also yeah, I crosspost on AO3. Go check it there too. Same user.