•6• Movie Night

Hey yall, sorry for the disappearance, this ones nice and long to make up for it B)
If you want me to continue the series make sure to vote and comment! Criticism is welcome as always too!!

Art by SeaherbØ2 on Tumblr

Enjoy the shit!
•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

When Edd finally got back from the store carrying multiple bags of actual groceries, he seemed calmer than when he left. The small fight him and Tom got into wasn't bad but it still was pretty awkward considering their situation with (Y/n). Everyone in the household feared for the safety of him and themselves by what this situation could mean. However Matt tried to make things better and positive.
"Welcome back Edd! Me and (Y/n) were talking 'bout watching a movie!" He said excitedly, watching Edd struggling to take off his shoes and hold all the bags at the same time. (Y/n) nodded and went over to help him while Matt talked about what movie "Of course we think it should be a zombie film." Edd handed his old friend some lighter bags while turning to look at the ginger questionably "A movie really? I'm not sure now is a good time for that." He gave Matt an 'I'm sorry' type of look, Matt pouted.

Putting the bags on the table (Y/n) looked to Edd, he wanted to keep whatever happened yesterday in the back of his mind, even if his body ached and millions of questions danced in his head. (Y/n) felt tired, confused and frustrated, right now all he wanted was to feel like everything was going to be okay "I kinda think it would be good for us, y'know just to lighten this all up?" He said a little nervously. The head of house looked to him then back at Matt, he sighed deeply and gave a tired smile to both of them "I suppose so."

Matt said a small 'yay' and went back to search for a good film. Edd then walked to the kitchen and put the bags on the table like (Y/n) had, he turned to his friend and said "We should really try and get this all sorted out soon though." (Y/n) nodded and solemnly replied "Tomorrow, I just want to have a break from the stress today." "Alright, tomorrow."

As the three of them began to set things up for a movie night, that being (Y/n) helping put the groceries away and Edd just telling Matt to randomly select a film since he kept going back and fourth between Night of The Living Dead and Train to Busan. His hand ended up choosing [Rec]. Edd opened a bag of popcorn and put a bag into the microwave, he waited next to it and talked to his two friends "Anything happen while I was gone?" He asked in a normal calm voice, he was obviously feeling a lot better than this morning, especially since they all were going to hang out and chill. Matt was looking at the back of the movie he chose and just hummed a 'nuh-uh' in reply. (Y/n) leaned against the kitchen counter and smiled "No, I was just resting, you didn't miss much." After the reassurance of his well being, (Y/n) decided to reminisce with someone about their days in school. "Hey... do you remember when all of us were back in high school?" Edd perked up, he seemed a bit surprise at the mention of them as stupid teenagers. 'Stupider', would be a more appropriate label. As memories played in his head he started to laugh "As if I have a choice. I hate thinking about the way I looked." He still smiled but ran a hand through his hair by thinking of his younger self. (Y/n) instantly smiled "You looked fine Edd! We were teenagers, we didn't know how to dress." Edd still groaned "It's still embarrassing, my hair covered half my face because I was so anxious all the time." He blushed thinking about it. High school was a nerve wracking time especially for their group of friends being outcasted by their peers. (Y/n) just reassured Edd again "High school was tough it wasn't your fault, you were cute so don't worry about it." He smiled.
Edd looked at his friend for a second to figure out what to say, he ended up just laughing along and replying with "Yeah, I guess so."

With the groceries put away and the popcorn ready, the three boys all took a spot in the living room to get comfy. Matt sat on the big reclining chair before anyone else could, (Y/n) moved their blankets to the right side of the couch so Edd had a place to sit down. Edd turned off the lights in the room and rolled his eyes at Matt as he sat down with a cola in hand on the opposite end of the couch "C'mon Matt you can't hog the popcorn and the good chair." He cracked open his can and took a drink. Matt sighed "Ugh, fine, (Y/n) would you like to hold the popcorn?" "Yeah pass it over." (Y/n) took the bag and a handful for himself along with it, he gestured it to Edd, who gladly took some and then gave the bag back. The movie began to start and the room went quiet. The speakers in the TV were cranked up by Matt so the full immersion of horror could be enjoyed by all of them, it's sound almost shook the walls but in the best way possible. The intro to the movie began.

A quarter of the way through the movie of zombie outbreak, people screaming and protagonists arguing the three boys were now well into the film they were watching. The bag of popcorn almost gone as it had been passed around and they all were sunken pretty snuggly in their spots. It wasn't horrifying but it did have them on edge, the speakers remained loud and none of them heard the sound of a door opening and shutting down the hallway. It seemed like the movie itself got quiet as a possible jump scare was about to emerge. Just then a figure came out through the darkness of the hallway, rough hands and soulless holes were eyes should have been were the first noticeable features in the TVs light. At the same time Matt, (Y/n) and Edd noticed the person walking towards them and all screamed out in terror for their lives. Edd backed up further onto the couch, kicking himself all the way to (Y/n)s side of the couch. (Y/n) himself pulled the blanket up to his neck and sat up straight to get ready to run. Matt reclined so far back into the chair out of fear he caused it to fall backwards and hit the ground with a loud thud!
"AAAAHHHH!"
"AHHHHH!"
"NOT THE FACE!"
What they thought was a zombie covered his ears in response "Gah! Shut the hell up! All of you!!" Tom shouted. It took a second for the three boys to realize it was only Tom and not the brain eating living dead from the movie. They all caught their breath as Tom looked to the television and then back to his friends, he seems more shocked then they were "Whats going on?"
Matt looked at (Y/n) who looked at Edd who looked at him and they all looked back to Tom. Edd sarcastically shrugged his shoulders "Uh a movie night?" Matt managed to sit up and push the recliner back onto its feet after a slight struggle, also finding the remote to pause their movie. (Y/n) nodded and hoped maybe Tom would like to sit with them "It's still in the beginning, you can finish it with us if you like!" He asked. Matt smiled wide as he sat down. Tom only scowled at them all again ".. Are- are you all serious?" He glanced over the bandages and bruises all over (Y/n)s body from yesterday. He pointed to their friend "I literally dragged him out of an alley yesterday and you're all watching a movie?!" He was baffled at the thought, the entire time spent in his room and his house mates acted like nothing suspicious was going on. (Y/n) frowned and was about to defend himself but as always Edd stepped in "Tom,I actually agree with you on this, but (Y/n) asked for us to spend time with him and I trust that we'll figure it all out eventually." He seemed more calm than this morning, because this time Edd actually wanted to reason with Tom. He was on no ones side but he thought that if they rushed the process or even made (Y/n) uncomfortable with whatever happened that it won't end well.
Tom had a twitch in his eye as he couldn't see things from Edd's point of view but when he looked to (Y/n) for an answer he saw his old friend nod "Its true, I don't want to think about right now.." He faltered a bit but stood his ground "Well we should, Who knows how long we have until someone or some group of crazy dick heads come looking for (Y/n), this isn't something you just ignore."
Matt chimed in, unknowingly making Tom rethink for a split second "Don't you ignore things all the time though?" He asked genuinely. (Y/n) laughed a bit and Edd tried to cover his own. It was true.

The eyeless Brit struggled to find words for a second "...Shut up Matt, this is something that could actually effect me, the quicker we get it over with the quicker I go back to not caring." Edd sighed, he was equally as worried as Tom was, but for (Y/n)s sake he didn't want to show it and freak them out like how Tom was "You're just being paranoid, we don't have any part in what's going on with (Y/n) so I think we should just trust him in what he wants to do about it."
(Y/n) was happy with Edd's response "Don't worry about it, I just want to spend time with my old friends right now, do you get that Tom?" Tom's face relaxed a little bit but he still had that same angry look in his eyes "No, I can't say I do." Matt laughed "It's okay to care about (Y/n) Tim! We care about you too." Toms face flustered as his friends agreed "MATT." (Y/n) held up the almost empty bag of popcorn to Tom "Can you please just try? Yo don't have to watch the whole movie."

Tom looked at them all one more time and finally calmed down, he sighed angrily but still took the bag into his hands. He gave in and sat down where Edd used to be sitting but he obviously was now in the middle out of the possible fear of a Tom zombie coming eat his brains moments ago. "Fine. I'm not going to like it." "That's the spirit!" Participation is key and for Toms case this was a small step in the right direction. He still wasn't going to let go his of his thoughts on the situation, it was serious and he had to let his friends know that. Maybe tomorrow.

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
Word count 1959
6/7/23
I told you guys I wouldn't abandon my book :) hoping to get out more chapters but I'm busy irl so the updates are going to be way slower than when I was younger (I've had this account since 2016 I think?)
UwU