THIRD BASE

Richard "Doby" Doggers was a high school junior baseball player who lived with his father after his parents divorced while his brother John lived with their mother.

Due to their mother being emotionally abusive and not believing in mental illness she did nothing when John got depression and he eventually committed suicide. Doby blamed his mother (who he hated anyway for being transphobic) and started plotting his revenge against her.

He eventually decided to murder her by smashing her head with his baseball bat, which he did before setting her house on fire.

After doing this he called his dead brother to leave a message on his voicemail (which he’d been playing over and over again as a sort of coping mechanism).

In his message he tells John that he is “coming home” Doby told John that he is going to see him soon because of the nightmares he’d been having that lead him to the moment of killing his mother. The nightmares he’s having are specifically of John running away from him in an old dead forest.

The last nightmare Doby had is of him finally reaching the center of the woods where he found the tree. He talked about the woods feeling like they are leading him “home”.

So Doby walked into the woods after leaving his phone to be destroyed in the house fire and he was planning to keep walking until he reached “home” because that’s where he believed he'd find John.

Instead he found Slender Man, who had been manipulating him the entire time. Slender Man was testing Doby to see if he was "worthy" of becoming a proxy. Doby giving in and murdering his mother was him proving his worthiness. From that day forward Doby has been a proxy of Slender Man under the name "Third Base".

Third Base is fairly self confident & head strong as well to the point were it can get him in trouble. He’s extremely passionate in what he believes in and he will not back down from a fight over something that’s important to him.