Level II - Training and Judgement

I looked at them once again. "Bring it on!" I shout, confidently.

I should not have said that. Definitely SHOULD NOT have said that.

If I were to describe with an adjective what the training was, it would be hellish. The worst two weeks of my life. Ever.

Flashback

Day 1 & 2

First there were Kojiro and Okita.

"As you know, me and Okita, and the others, fused with Valkyries to fight the Gods, an ability called Vollund. As you are a 'Valkyrie Holder' class, you have the potential to learn every technique held by us – while being fused with a single Valkyrie who can channel that power for you."

I nod. "Now get in a stance, we'll see how you are." Okita passes me a katana. I hold it and twist the handle in my hand.

"Wow, light. And..." I do a couple of swings in the air. "Seems sharp and flexible too."

"Yeah, what did you expect? This is a katana made by yours truly after all."

"And you're giving it to me?"

"A swordsman can't do without his weapon. Think of it as a gift for your training experience."

"Well, you have my thanks."

"I've gotta say, I've never seen that stance before."

"Oh, well. I studied swordsmanship in a friend's dojo. It's called Yaegashi-itto-ryu, focused mainly on agility rather than power. My speed is also above average, but I feel like I am outmatched in actual power of my blows AND I can always be faster than I already am."

Kojiro smiles. "Now, rather than fight with us, you're gonna fight as us."

I widen my eyes. "Kojiro, man, buddy, you don't mean..."

"We do! But stay calm, those are only simulations, we'll guide you through theee..." Okita's voice fades as I close my eyes, to reopen them and find myself in an arena, in Okita's body.

I heard the announcer and his little and cringy entreè. "in a Ragnarok dominated by humans, we are finally at the end, the last fight! From the land of the rising Sun, the 13th competitor for humanity, Okita Souji! From the god's side, trying to keep their pride high, the Greek Sun god, Apollo!"

"-ele? Gabriele? Can you hear me?"

"Okita, you there?"

"Yeah, of course dumbass!"

"OI!"

"Now, let's fight, I'll guide you."

And guide me he did. "Okita, that...I don't know how you survived that..."

"That was one hell of a fight! And you did well, for a beginner. You died only two times."

"Wow, call it an achievement..."

"Hey, at least you've got my special technique in your grasp."

"The Wind's Slash..." I mutter, and then I feel myself being pulled away and I'm back in the real world.

"Now we're gonna work on your senses. You're dualwielding in this one!"

"Wha-, no Kojiro wait a se-"

"It's gonna be fiiii-" I get pulled in again.

The announcer spoke again. "Humanity has yet to win so far! Trying to grasp the first victory is Humanity's greatest loser, Sasaki Kojiro! On the god's side, the God of all the Seas, Poseidon!"