Level V - Conquering the Labyrinth, and a useless rabbit!

Luna and I continued to clear the labyrinth. Between her magic and my brute force, most of the monsters were a piece of cake. During a break, I started eating monster meat, and she was intrigued.

"I don't know much about humans, but shouldn't monster meat be poisonous to a degree?"

"Oh, it should, but..." munch, munch, "my warrior class prevents me from all the negative effects. I'm..." munch, munch, "a Valkyrie Holder."

She widens her eyes. "What? That's the rarest class there is! You're the first one I've ever seen!"

"Well, little miss. When you pass 300 years locked in a room, inside a magic cube, in a state of hibernation, you don't see that much of the outside world."

"Hey! You shouldn't say that to a girl!" She starts punching my arm, but stops when I headpat her and offer her my neck. "Come on, princess. You must be thirsty."

Licking her lips, she smirks. "Ahhm!" And then bites, softly.

"Oya, oya. Don't leave a hickey just because you can!"

Hmph! Look at you, getting cozy with the little vampire, pervert!

What? Do you want to be in her place?

...What if I do, Gabriele? What if I want to love? What if I love someone who's going to be out of my reach forever? What if me and this someone are so close, yet so far from one another?

Hlokk...

No...forget it, I'm sorry.

No, Hlokk, listen...she cut the connection!?

This is the only thing we can do apart from lending you our abilities, young man. To prevent you from going crazy, we cut our connection with you when more than 3 of us are speaking at the same time.

I didn't respect her feelings...

Don't fret it, my boy. There is a way.

What, Kojiro?

The Orcus Labyrinth was created by one of seven Liberators, mages of a long bygone era who wanted the people of Tortus to be free from the mad god.

Mad god? You don't mean...

It's Ehit, spartan.

Leonidas?

I know, because one of the seven Liberators was the only possessor of the Valkyrie Holder class before you. He chose me and Brunhilde-sama, and we fought until his death to the hands of Ehit. Only Brunhilde-sama's massive magic power and his unrelenting will led us to survival, but he died a gruesome death.

'Led us to survival'? What do you mean?

Young man, if the Holder dies, then the Valkyrie and all the souls connected to the Volund die with them. This is how Nostradamus, Adam, Raiden and Lu Bu died, and why their Valkyries died with them as well.

Isn't there a way to undo this?

There is. Each user possess an innate technique called 'Imperium Archive: Last Crest'. With it, you can forcely undo the fusion and prevent the Valkyries' death, along with the souls. This is how Leonidas and Brunhilde-sama are still here.

Jack, this is a lot to take in...

One more thing, my boy...

Yes, Kojiro?

Oscar Orcus. That was his name. Remember him, for he is the master of Creation Magic.

"...briele! Gabriele!"