Chapter 11

I put my pillow over my head to stop the vexatious ring of my alarm. I sprawl there for a while and shoot up remembering that Mom's opening ceremony is today. Oh shit

Just then my Mom rushes into my room and hands me my dress. "You haven't even done anything to your hair, Ashley! Please hurry we don't have to be late."

"Okay okay, I'm hurrying, and also thanks for the dress."

"Okay, hun." My mom replied shutting my door. I quickly got my shower and started to work on my hair and make-up. I tied my hair into a perfect bun and did some edges. I didn't use too much make-up though. I put on my dress and a red wedge shoe. I added a gold necklace and a pair of gold earrings with diamonds to match and a red band in my hair to complete the look. I got my handbag and phone and went downstairs.

My parents and Asher were already so we ate breakfast and set off. We got there in less than 20 minutes. Mom and dad went off to greet guests and Asher went to talk to his colleagues. Iris texted to meet her at the entrance. I've stood here for five minutes now and she's still not here. Maybe traffic.

"Why are you not inside, it's quite cold." someone said behind me. I turned around and if you guessed right it was Will.

"What are you doing here?" I asked kind of flat. I still haven't forgotten what he did yesterday.

Some emotion I couldn't read swept over his face but he recovered quickly. " My Mom is a friend of your Mom and she got invited. But it's not like I want to be here anyway. "

I didn't reply to what he said. Instead, I turned around and continued looking out for Iris. Will was right though, it was quite cold out here. Just then someone put a coat around me.

"You can give it back when you come in," Will whispered in a low voice in my ear. I could feel my cheeks heating up. He was dangerously close to me.

"Oh and also you look really great today Ms. Blay," he added. I'm pretty sure my face was reddening now. I thanked him without turning to him so he wouldn't see my face. I heard him walking away. What was that?

Iris finally arrived and we went in. I told her what happened with Will from yesterday till today and as usual, she kept screaming out of excitement like a madwoman. But this was anything but exciting for me. More like nervous. I hadn't seen Will since I came in and I really needed to give him back his coat before he left.

"Hey girls." Milly greeted walking towards us.

"Heyyy!" Iris and I said in harmony.

"Iris is it okay if I borrow Ashley. Her Mom sent us to run a few errands." Milly said veering her attention to me.

"Oh, sure I was even going to talk to Asher. I've really missed him." I gave Iris a disapproving look and she just smirked back.

Milly lead me to her office and brought out my outfit. It was just as I wanted it.

"I hope you like it. It wasn't that hard to get and I got background dancers for you."

"Thanks, I love it. I'm sure this will go well. As we both know I'm a great dancer." I bragged.

"Sure." Milly rolled her eyes playfully

Milly got out of the office to give me space to dress up. I couldn't believe I was doing this. Again. But it's just this time, never again am I doing this.

I used dark make-up and gold temporary dye at end of my braids. Milly came in and told me it was time. I took a deep breath and put on my face mask. The background dancers were backstage with me but they were also wearing masks to cover their faces. Guess they also want to keep their identities. I locked eye contact with one of them but he quickly turned back. He looked really familiar.

We were finally called on stage and I was a nervous wreck! The background dancers went first and were performing their opening routine. Milly came to me and gave me a hug.

"Hey you can do this, I've seen you dance and you are amazing. Just dance like the way you did at the cafeteria okay. I believe in you and who knows maybe it might take you somewhere you never expected to be." she said smiling.

I nodded in response and went onto the stage. I didn't realize how large the crowd was till I got in position. I kept looking for Will but to no avail. Where is he?. I took a deep breath and started dancing the moves. It got easier and more natural when the background dancers joined. The crowd kept cheering and cheered louder when the dancers did some killer flips. It was finally time for my finish. Moonwalk, spin, flip and then Split!!. The crowd kept screaming and chanting DANCE GODDESS. I feel so alive. This is my destiny, to be a dancer.

When we went backstage Milly gave me a hug and sent me back to her office to change quickly. I didn't even get a chance to interact with the background dancers.

"Ashley where the hell were you, you missed everything. This dancer I think her name is Dance Goddess performed and she was A-mazing!!." Iris said taking out her phone. "Here watch. I got everything on video. You're welcome." I rolled my eyes at her and watched the video. Damn, I'm good.

"What?" Iris asked. Oops, I said that out loud!

"Oh I meant she's really good, I just can't believe I missed it."

"Yeah were where you?"

"Milly and I went to get some more drinks from the factory that's not so far from here." I lied. I felt bad lying to my best friend but it was for my own good. I'll tell her later. Just then I spotted Will going out. "Iris wait here I'll be right back."

"Wait where are you going?" Argh! this girl asks too many questions. I turned to check if he was still around and luckily he was talking to his Mom it looked like they were arguing or something.

"Oh, I see. Sure you can go." Iris said finally catching on the hint." I hugged her and walked as fast as I could to get to Will before he left. After what seemed to be an eternity of pushing through the guests I finally got to him when he was about to go.

"Will!" he stopped and turned around. He looked angry but calmed down when he saw it was me.

"Hey Ashley, I'm sorry I really am for how I reacted yesterday. I've been in quite a weird place these days and I let it get to me. The main reason I even decided to come here with my mom was to see you..... I-I mean to apologize." Will blurted out.

"Woah. Will umm.... please don't worry about it. I understand."

"Really? Thanks," he replied relaxing.

We stood there staring at each other till I finally remembered why I came here in the first place.

"Oh right, here's your jacket. Thanks, I couldn't find you inside earlier Where were you though?" I said handing it to him.

"Oh yeah I-uh, I was-um -"

"Don't worry you don't have to tell me. It's none of my business anyway." he nodded and gave me an apologetic smile.

"Anyway, I have to go now. I'll see you on Monday." then the weirdest thing happened. He came closer and hugged me, smirked, and left. Oh My God!!! Did he just hug me?! I was in total shock at the moment. It took me about 10 minutes to revive and go back inside.

"Ash are you okay?" Iris asked anxiety laced in her voice.

"Will hugged me."