Chapter 2

As I got closer to the ground floor I could smell fried eggs with toasted bread and, NO WAY bacon. I was never wrong when it came to bacon because my mom rarely made some.She only made it if she was really happy or she wanted to make someone happy . Because of that I  decided that I will keep the smell of bacon and always recognize it. I know it's crazy but I can't help it. I love Bacon.  I went faster down the stairs and headed straight for the kitchen .. My face lit up when I saw my mom frying some bacon . She was dressed in a white cold shoulder top tacked into a blue pencil skirt that reached below her knee with black heels to finish up the look. 

Talk about classy. " Good Morning Mom. "

"Good Morning Sweetie. How was your sleep?" she said finally raising her head from what she was doing and smiling at me . "It was okay I guess. You look beautiful and classy what is the occasion?

" Oh thanks dear actually your Dad is going to pick up your grandmother so we can say our Goodbyes." she was smiling but I could see the sadness on her face.

"Oh that's nice. Can I help you  with anything around hear?" I said wanting to change the topic.

" Sure just take the toasted bread and egg onto the dining table for me OK." She said smiling again.

"Sure thing Mom."

My mom is a business woman but in the area of fashion and she is one of the best in Ghana. She has a fashion academy and a very big fashion boutique .She has black curly soft and shiny hair dyed brown at the end. I got my dark coloured eyes and light brown skin tone from her. She is not too slim. In fact she is the definition of a model. She, Asher and Grandma  are the only ones who want me to achieve my goal of becoming a dancer and am very grateful for that.

As I placed the tray of eggs and bread, the was a knock on the front door." I'll Get it!" boys and shouting.

I went to the living room to welcome our guest. 

Once she came in I rushed over to hug her passing past my dad.

"Grandma!!!" I screamed whiles hugging.

"Oh Ashley how are you my dear you've grown so big and beautiful." She said  with a big smile plastered on her wrinkly face.

"Hi Grams" Asher said like an innocent little angel. I just rolled my eyes at how he was acting.

"So did you bring us our goodbye gifts ?" Asher asked in his innocent voice.

"Asher where are your manners! Grandma don't mind him lets eat first because I'm starving"

"Ashely." My mom said in her strict voice.

"Errmm I mean you must be tired so lets sit down and eat." I corrected  in my innocent voice. Everyone laughed at my gesture then we sat at the dining table to eat.

I was really enjoying my food until my dad started talking about the new place we would be going to and how wonderful it was. Sometimes I wish I could just live with my Grandma. But apparently I'm just 15 and can't  make decisions for myself.

I got so angry that I lost my appetite "Excuse Me please. I will be in my room if you need me." With that I left and rushed up the stairs to my room. I felt my eyes welled up with tears but forced them back .I wasn't going to cry because it is no use. We are still moving whether I like it or not.

I zipped my suitcase filled with all my clothes and the other one that had my shoes and accessories. I picked up my phone and checked the time. One hour left till we move on to our new life. I didn't really have any friends since we were always moving so I didn't have anyone to see before I left.