Chapter 13

My night goes by fast and it feels like I just closed my eyes seconds ago. I lazily get myself cleaned and dressed and head downstairs.

"Good morning everyone." I greet

"Morning Ashely." They all respond in unison.

I go to the kitchen to get a glass of water and sit at the table.

"Mom, I was thinking if I could get a tutor for extra classes since the time for the exam is close," I ask my Mom as she places the plates on the table.

"Right I even wanted to inform you that Milena said she would love to be your tutor since she used to teach before working for me." This new information surprises me and amuses me too. I would love to have her of all people as my tutor considering we already get along really well.

"Oh, I would like that. So when can I start?" I ask.

"Okay, I'll let her know you accepted then you both decide on the day yeah?"

"Sure thank you, Mom." She smiles at me and sits at the table.

When I get to school there is no sign of Will or Iris for the matter. I check my phone and see that she sent a text saying she won't be in school because she had another doctor's appointment today. I stuff my phone back into my pocket hastily. I guess I'll have to go through this day myself. I make a turn to the hallway that leads to my social class but stop in my tracks when I see a crowd looking on the hallway monitor watching what seems to be my performance at my Mom's ceremony. I hear comments from people such as 'she's really good'.......... 'I wonder who she is'................ 'Do you think she would marry me' that last one really made me laugh. To avoid the crowd, I decide to pass the back of the block since there's a door that leads to my class.

As I am about to turn on the route I hear muffled voices that are familiar. I peek a little and see Will speaking on the phone. My subconscious reluctantly tells me to eavesdrop and I obey her.

"Yeah I'm coming there. I'll be there in 15 minutes," Will says to the person.

"I know but I'm skipping school today. Not really in the mood for bullshit."

"Don't worry I'll make sure no one follows me."

"Is the boss there?"

"Good I don't think she would approve of me being there on a school day."

"Fuck fine I'll get it for you I have to go now. Bye."

As I was just about to turn to check where he was heading someone tapped me on the shoulder. I jumped and saw it was Josh.

"Jesus Josh you scared the shit out of me," I say panting.

"I'm sorry Ashely. By the way, why are you standing here? Social class is that way." He said pointing in the direction of the entrance. I quickly turn around to see where Will went but he had disappeared.

"There was a crowd in the hallway so I decided to go through the back," I say almost out of breath from what I heard from Will.

"Are you okay you don't look so good?" Josh asked with a worried tone.

"Yes, I'm fine. Still a little jumpy from the fright." I answered trying to muster a smile.

"Really, okay then let's go before we get late." He offers to take my bag and we walk to class together.

I couldn't pay attention doing the whole class. What at all was he up to? Where was he skipping class to go to? Is he a drug dealer? No, come on...

"Miss Blay!" I look up and see my teacher and the whole class looking at me.

"Miss Blay please let your mind be here."