Butter Knife

“What the heck guys. There's a floor to lay on!” I exclaimed, uncomfortable with the lack of room I have. “Then why don’t you lay on it?” Norman retorted as he wrapped his arm around my waist. Emma then giggled and wrapped her arm around my chest. 

“Mom, help me! I’m sandwiched inbetween the gays!” I pleaded. Isabella just laughed. “Maybe when you figure out just how gay you are, I’ll help. Also it’s really late and I’m guessing none of you have gone to bed yet so I’m guessing that you already planned on skipping tomorrow?” Isabella questioned.

“First of all, I don’t know my sexuality yet. Second of all, yes we are skipping.” I said and turned so I was laying on my left side. Since they aren’t going to get up, I might as well try to get comfortable and fall asleep. 

When I had turned I realized my face was only a few inches from Norman’s. Isabella turned the light off and completely actually SHUT the door like the good mom she is. Emma cuddled into my back as Norman nuzzled into my chest.

My face felt hot but it was dark so they couldn’t see it anyway. The only thing my eyes could really make out in the darkness was Norman’s snow colored hair.

Without thinking I reached my hand up and started to play with Norman’s soft, white, tufts as I fell asleep. Norman flinched a little when I first touched his hair but he then melted into my soft touch.

Emma’s POV

Conciousness slowly started to come back to me. I was oddly cold and when I looked around I realised that I had fallen off of Ray’s bed and somehow slept through it.  I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and slowly stood up. 

Ray and Norman were both still on the bed. Instead of them being cute and cuddling like I thought they would be, they were taking up the whole bed. The blankets were all messed up and barely even on them. Their legs were tangled together and their arms were spread out. 

I stifled a laugh and walked out of the room quietly with my phone. Isabella probably went to work since it’s… I looked down and checked my phone for the time. 10:55.

I started to go through my notifications as I walked down the stairs. Gilda had sent me a text saying that she and Don would be here in fifteen minutes although the text was sent ten minutes ago.

When I got down stairs it was completely silent since Isabella’s probaly at work. There was a knock on the door so I quickly walked over to it and opened the door without checking to see who it was.

Gilda and Don were there with someone else behind them that I couldn’t see.

Don’s face was a little red so I could muster up a guess as to who it was. “Come in, be quiet though because Ray and Norman are still asleep.” I said and stepped out of the way so they could walk in. Just as I thought, Nat was with them. 

“Okay, boys go in the kitchen, you’re going to help me make breakfast. Gilda, you never go anywhere without your camera, right? Go upstairs and take a photo of Norman and Ray. Take one with your camera and the other with your phone. And do NOT wake them up. Ray is scary when you wake him up.” I ordered.

Gilda nodded and walked upstairs and Nat and Don followed me into the kitchen. “So why is Nat here if you don’t mind me asking?” I said as I looked through the cabinets for something to make. “Uh, well…” Don stammered. 

“When Gilda showed up at his house this morning to pick him up, she walked right in cause she had a key and when she went into his room she saw me and Don in bed and got the wrong idea.

They decided to bring me along and I agreed because Don and Norman would be here.” Nat explained with no shame whatsoever as Don went red. 

“Wait did you guys-” I was cut off from asking my question. “No!” they both said loudly in unison. “Not yet then, okay.” I said grabbing a pan, a bowl, eggs, bread, cinnamon, and sugar. I handed the egga and bowl to Nat. 

“Grab a fork, crack two eggs into the bowl, then completely stir it up.” I said and put the pan on the stove on low heat. “Nat take the bread, grab a butter knife, and cut up 12 slices of bread into four strips each piece.” I said, handing Don the bread.

“What are you going to do then?” Nat said as he stirred the eggs. “I’m going to look at the photo that Gilda took.” I answered with a smile and left the room to go upstairs. When I got up there Gilda was just exiting the room.

“I didn’t hear anyone dying so I’m guessing you didn’t wake them up while getting the photo.” I said which clearly worried Gilda a little.

“Uh, yeah.” She replied and handed me her phone with the photo pulled up. I sent the photo to meself, Nat, and Don. I handed the phone back to Gilda and took out my phone. The photo got saved to my phone then I sent it to Isabella because yes. 

“Let’s go downstairs before the boys burn the house down and the milf kicks my ass.” I said and jogged down the stairs. When we got into the kitchen Don was holding up his finger which was bleeding and Nat was trying not to laugh.”What the fuck happened? I left for one minute.” I said, trying not to laugh. “ I cut my finger with the knife.” Don whined. 

“You did use a butter knife right?” I asked. “Yeah…” he mumbled. Nat got a paper towel and started to clean it as Gilda and I just laughed our asses off. How is it even possible to cut your finger with a butter knife. And I was here thinking I gave him such a simple task.

1035 words
It's been a month since I last updated which I feel bad for but I took time off to focus on finals and stuff which I passed all of them. Sorry for the lack of Norray in this chapter. I know there was more Nat x Don but I love it so yeah.