chapter fifteen

a/n: hello loves, so there was a slight issue last time i posted because i forgot to post chapter thirteen so it's possible that some of you have only read chapter fourteen and not thirteen, anyways i would suggest going to check just in case because you may be slightly confused if you haven't read it :)

"Think prom, but with more ponies," Becky said dramatically. The girls, who now called themselves Pony Squad, as Becky had requested, had gathered in the tack room and each brought out as many dresses as they could, so that they could all choose together, Olivia had of course already chosen hers, but helping her friends find theirs would be a lot of fun.

"This one I call my, Oh, this old thing? dress," Becky added, holding up a buttercup yellow dress. "Cost? Three pounds from a second-hand clothes shop. Wow factor? Ten out of ten."

"Excited much?" Asked Zoe with a laugh.

"It's the barn dance! We're gonna drink punch and eat mini-burgers, and then we're all gonna break into a musical dance number we all somehow know the moves to," Becky replied excitedly. Someone's been watching High School Musical, Olivia thought amusedly.

"Becky, you know that's just in movies right?" Zoe said, echoing Olivia's thoughts.

"Olivia, you still haven't shown us the dress you chose," said Jade.

"Yeah come on, we wanna see it!" Zoe encouraged. Olivia took out her white dress and held it up to her body for her friends to see.

"Oh my Bob, you're gonna look so horsesome!" Becky said.

"Oh Liv, it's perfect for you," Zoe said.

"You guys are too sweet," Olivia said.

"Pin is gonna regret not asking you to the dance when he sees you in that," Jade said.

"Well, actually, I sort of asked Pin to the dance yesterday," Olivia said shyly.

"No way, really!?" Becky said, then squealed.

"I knew it, I told you something was going on between you two," Zoe said. Olivia's first instinct was to deny it, but she stopped herself. She was going to the dance with him, wasn't she? Maybe there was something between them.

"Be right back guys, I gotta go talk to Marcus for a second," Zoe said. The girls ooed, and Becky made kissy faces. "Not like that! It's about training," Zoe said, but the smile on her face didn't lie.

Whilst Zoe was gone, Jade and Becky kept looking through the dresses, the latter even trying one on. She took out Jade's tablet and gasped. "Is that the date!?" She asked in shock. Olivia approached her and read over her shoulder.

"Yep," Olivia said, sitting down on the couch at the back of the room.

"It's Ghost Pony's death birthday!" Becky said frantically.

"I believe that's just called death day, Becky," Olivia laughed.

"No you guys, this is a huge deal! It was today, exactly five hundred years ago!" Becky said.

"That's ridiculous, Becky," Jade said with an eye roll.

"Ridiculous now is it?! I bet you won't find it ridiculous when he haunts us all," replied Becky.

"Becky, relax. Ghost Pony isn't just going to randomly reappear," Jade dismissed her.

"It's not random, it's his death day!" Becky argued. Jade gave her an unconvinced look. "Fine, I'm gonna search it and prove it to you," Becky said. Olivia recoiled into herself. Jade and Becky had never agreed on the topic of Ghost Pony, but they never argued like this. Not like mum and dad, thought Olivia. Zoe walked back in, saying something Olivia couldn't even hear over Jade and Becky arguing.