xxiv - epilouge

minho was sitting in chan's kitchen (a/n; wElCoMe To ChAn'S kItChEn) his leg bouncing up and down while he bit on his nails. his anxiety was through the roof and he had no idea what to do.

and the only logical thing he could think of was talk to chan.

"dude, stop bouncing your leg." chan said calmly, handing minho a cup of strawberry milk.

"sorry.. i can't help it." minho sipped the milk. he originally asked for coffee but chan denied him of anything that could make him more jittery.

"its okay. no need to apologize." chan leaned against the counter across from minho, "so.. tell me what's going on."

minho bit on his lip, looking up and chan with stress filled eyes. "its about jisung and college."

"ahh, i see. what's going on there?" chan narrowed his eyes like it would help him focus better on minho's words.

"well... i got a offer from ucla, a full ride. i told jisung about it... and he wants me to take it." minho put simply.

"okay? so what's the problem?" chan raised his eyebrows.

"seriously?" minho looked at chan in disbelief, "dude, i can't just leave! jisung still has another year of high school left and if i take that scholarship, i'll be leaving him. i'll be leaving all of you. since you, changbin, and hyunjin all chose colleges here in seoul."

"but that was because we didn't get an offer like you did. we all got was a limited scholarship for a local university. we don't have the option of going somewhere big and possibly moving on to become pro. but you do min! your too focused on looking at leaving all of us, that you're not looking at your future and the positives that will come out of taking the offer. it's okay to be selfish sometimes min, especially when everyone is encouraging you to be. we all want the best for you, jisung even more! he knows what accepting this scholarship will be for you, and he wants that for you. he loves you a lot min. and he'll be happy for you no matter what... but i bet he'll be even happier if he sees you fulfilling your dreams to become pro."

minho looked down, chan had a point but that wasn't the main reason minho was scared.

"but chan.... how are me and jisung going to survive a long distance relationship for over four years?" minho choked on his words as the need to cry was beginning to swell up. "i most likely won't be able to come back here for a very long time if i take this scholarship. how is that going to be any good for me and jisung's relationship?"

chan sighed, nodding his head, "i know what you mean min... and i can't tell you much on what to do about it accept try to work it out. think over how things will go.. but please promise you'll make us all happy, including yourself, by taking that scholarship. we all know its the road to your dreams and we all would be so happy for you to take it." chan smiled kindly. he moved to the other side of the counter, taking minho into a big hug. "just think about it."

minho nodded his head against chan's chest, tightly gripping on the back of the elders shirt. he was so close to tears but he held them in, not wanting to cry until he got home to the comfort of his bed. "i will."

a loud huff escaped minho's mouth as he fell on top his bed. his head pounding from the intrusive thoughts that couldn't put his mind to rest. his mind couldn't even decide on what he needed to think about.

there was too much going on and it was frustrating. he had maybe a week left to decide whether he was going to accept the scholarship or not, but he needed to make his mind up now. so then he would know if he needed to think about how he was going to tell jisung. or how everything was going to work out between them.