3

NICK

"Goddamn, this party is about to be WILD!" I said to Joe as I watched people piling into our frat house.

"This one is probably going to be one of the best!" He replied.

I looked around and began to dance. 

These were the nights I lived for

These were the nights I lived for. I lived for this college experience. Partying on the weekends was my time to let go and release. It was the biggest pay off to working my ass off on the football field during the week. 

It also made me feel less alone knowing that all of these people came here because they looked up to me. They wanted to be apart of my circle and they saw the value in me. It felt good. 

"Hey! You wanna dance?" I asked a girl as she walked by.

She nodded as she grabbed my hand and we were off. The moment was just right. The LED lights in the house were hitting everything perfectly. It felt like the beat was pumping to the rhythm of my heartbeat. I was free, happy, singing, loving, and living!

"Hey buddy, how's it going?" I asked Joe who was now DJing.

I was four drinks in and I was feeling in. 

"I'm having fun. What about you man?" He asked me back.

"Living the dream," I said with a smirk.

I picked up a bottle of vodka and put it to my lips.

"Hey buddy, why don't you slow down there?" Joe asked me grabbing the bottle with a chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah. I hear you Dad," I joked to him.

Joe was always keeping my head on straight. I appreciated him as a friend. I couldn't even begin to imagine where I would be without him. 

"So, next weekend do you care if I invite a girl?" Joe asked me.

I raised an eyebrow. 

"Wait, what? How drunk am I?" I asked aloud.