JOE

I stumbled out of the party and watched as all of my peers were having the time of their life. People were kissing, dancing, laughing, singing. It was like watching a movie from farther away but to me something was missing. 

I put my hands in my pocket as I began to walk down the street. I wondered what Nick was doing with Demi. I couldn't believe that we had met the same girl and both been interested in her. Nick and I were best friends but yet we were so different. We certainly had different taste in girls.

Nick liked girls who liked partying and sports. I guess Demi was a cheerleader so she did fit half of the criteria. The thing was he didn't really keep girls around much. I couldn't see Demi being the one night stand type. 

I liked girls like Demi. I mean, she listened to an alternative band. That said a lot about her. She obviously was different. She also wasn't afraid to look goofy in front of anyone. I admired that about her. 

I continued to think about meeting Demi and I decided to tell Nick after today that I liked her. It was our bro code with each other. If he liked a girl who was interested in me I would back off. Surely he wouldn't mind returning the favor.

Suddenly my phone buzzed and I saw Demi had followed me on Instagram. I quickly followed her back and put my phone away as I began to walk down the street. Soon, I was getting a call.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey stranger!" Demi's voice said on the other line. 

"Hey," I replied. "I thought you were at the party?" I asked her.

She shook her head. 

"It's not really my thing," She said. "I thought you would be Mr. DJ," She teased.

"Right, they actually call me DJ Danger," I joked.

"Well, how about coming for a little 3 AM workout?" She asked me

"Wow, you want me to sober up in a gym?" I asked her raising an eyebrow.

She nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'd love to box you so I could tell all my friends I took down a Quarterback," She said with a wink. "Or maybe I just want to see you shirtless," she flirted. "Either way, come find out," She siad.

I took a deep breath and nodded. 

"Drop your location and I'll see you soon," I replied.

-

"Hey, Danger," Demi said tipping her sunglasses down at me and giving me a friendly smile.