Chapter 4

~ADELE~

I fluttered my heavy eyes as the morning came to make me realize I was still breathing.

I didn't know what more I needed to see in this life when my family didn't want me, and the person who sent me the marriage contract didn't bother to show himself.

Oh! I wish I could close my eyes and vanish somewhere in the thin air.

But no, the pain in my heart made me realize it's all an illusion.

Get up and face these challenging balls life throws at me.

I touched my lips, which were swollen from yesterday's action.

I got up and did my morning business.

I came down where I saw Mr. Vincent was waiting for me.

Honestly, I wanted to throw him out of this house, but I knew this man bought a good piece of news for me dressed as an angel.

In reality, he was a demon sent by the devil himself to capture my soul in hell.

"Hello, Adele," he extended his hand towards me.

Mom, looking at me with an expectation. She thought I called this gentleman to bring a sufficient sum of money to save my brother's ass.

"Hello, Mr. Vincent," I didn't shake his hand.

"Here are your documents. Your farm and your shop are officially yours."

For a fraction of seconds I felt healed, but then I realized what cost I paid for these papers.

He extended his exquisite pen toward me to officially sign those papers.

"Here," I summoned a painful smile.

He smiled and waved his hand towards the front door.

A girl came up with something covered in her hand.

"What's this?"

"Your wedding gown. Lea will help you to get dressed, makeup and all." Mr. Vincent smiled.

"But I didn't ask for this. And I don't need help," I barked.

"Miss Adele Romero, my boss wanted to see you in this dress when you came for the courthouse wedding. I hope you understand his terms very well as you signed the papers and accepted the deal."

He affirmed.

I clenched my jaw with anger.

I had to listen to whatever he said. Otherwise, the consequences will be I have to give up everything, or I might end up in jail.

"Fine," I fumed.

Lea gave me a strange look.

I know she must be thinking, why the hell her boss wants me to wear this expensive gown.

Mom jumped in front of me.

"Adele, what's this? Are you getting married, you haven't told us? Your brother is fighting for his life, and those thugs will come anytime to kill my son. What the hell are you doing for your family?" Mother blasted at me.

I smiled in vain.

"Mom, I saved your son too. Nobody is going to bother you two."

Tears filled my eyes when she snapped at me and went to Mike's room.

Lea followed me and helped me with this wedding drama.

After a long time trying to fix my face, she told me to look at myself in the mirror.