Hoseok ~ Heat Wave

ok where the HELL has this pic been in all my time as an ARMY? DAMMIT HOBI, I'M ALREADY IN LITERAL HELL, YOU DO NOT NEED TO MAKE IT HOTTER WITH YOUR GORGEOUS ABS

where i live, we're in the middle of a heat wave and it is hot as balls. the estimated high for tomorrow is 112 and it was 106 today. in case i drop dead from this stupid heat, i purple you all so much! i'll try not to die tho, i promise ✌️
don't forget in the summer heat to keep yourself hydrated and protect yourself from extreme heat! 💦💦💦💦

now ON WITH THE STORY

sorry, i lied. one more thing:
f/p/f = favorite popsicle flavor (kal likes fruit punch hehe)
f/s/d = favorite soft drink (kal likes unsweetened iced tea 🙃)

NOW ON WITH THE STORY

Y/n POV
"Where did this stupid heat come from?" I complain, sprawling myself over the cool hardwood floors of the apartment my boyfriend and I share. "I seriously think I'm going to die if it doesn't cool down."

Hoseok sits on his heels, resting my head in his lap and fingering through my hair. "Come on, it's not all bad, is it?" he says. "You're here with me."

"I'd totally hug and kiss you right now, but—"

"The stinkin' heat?" he finishes for me.

"Exactly." I kiss my fingertips and press them to his lips. "That's the best I can do for now."

He chuckles, kissing his own fingers and pressing them to my lips. "You're cute when you complain," he says, smiling. His smile fades, a thoughtful look replacing it. "I have an idea."

the next day

"This is your idea?" I groan as we get out of the car. "It's so hot, and you want to hike? Forget it."

"Chin up, n/n," he says, a smile on his face. "You're gonna like this, I promise. And if you don't, I'll make it up to you, okay?"

He gives me his sweet puppy dog eyes, which he knows I can't say no to. "Fine, I'll go along with this. But if I don't like it—"

"You will. Now, let's go," he says.

He shoulders the giant backpack he brought and takes my hand. He doesn't let go once as we start for the trail. On the steep parts or switchbacks, he holds both of my hands to keep me steady. I can hear the sound of water running as we continue to go downhill. 

"Okay, I need you to close your eyes here," he says, stopping at one of the switchbacks, and I refuse. His chocolate eyes probe mine. "Do you trust me?"

"Hobi, I don't think this is safe," I protest.

"Do you trust me?" he repeats. Biting my lip nervously, I nod and he takes my hands as I close my eyes. The sound of water trickling by gets louder and a cool breeze kisses my skin as Hoseok guides me downhill. "Okay. Now open."

I open my eyes on a beautiful scene, a creek weaving through a rocky bank, rotted fallen logs with moss coating them, and a mesh canopy of green above us.

(kal: i would have put in a picture of y/n and hobi's picnic spot, but it decided to be a butt and not load, so i'm sorry! i blame this flipping heat.)

"Hobi, it's beautiful. But what are we doing here?" I gasp, awestruck.

"We...are going on a picnic," he says, his sunshine smile on his face. His face quickly falls when he sees mine. "D-do you not like it?"

"No, stupid. I love it!" I jump into his arms, something I haven't done in a while for fear of overheating. "How'd you come up with something like this?"