Jungkook ~ Cinder-fella

god, that pun 😖

anyway, there's no real reason I'm pairing JK with Cinderella aside from a wack dream I had, all the others have legitimate reasons except this one lolz

this is 4620 words, y'all getting FED today. it's cuz i purple you 💜💜💜💜

~~~
"Cinderella" by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
~~~

Jungkook's POV

I wish
More than anything
More than life
More than jewels

The King is giving a festival
I wish to go to the festival
I wish

"God, can you stop singing? I swear, it's like cats in a sack," Seokjin groans, backhanding me right on my cheekbone. "Make yourself useful and go pick up my tux. Can't let that hot princess see me looking anything less than my best. I am Worldwide Handsome, y'know."

"She's not 'hot,' you fool," I grumble under my breath. The Princess of Sondheim (leave a vote if you get the joke XD) isn't hot—she's beautiful. At a young twenty-one, she already has as much wisdom as her father, the King, and has always shown herself to be selfless and good. The sun hides in envy of her smile, knowing it can't shine half as bright. She speaks her mind and makes her opinions known, not caring about the consequences. She's just, well, a princess.

"Whatever. When you're done drooling over my princess, go get my tux from the tailor's. If you're not back in an hour, I'll make sure you've got plenty of chores to keep you busy," Seokjin snaps.

I sigh, biting my tongue, and grab my keys. The bright red Corvette sits in the driveway, rims shining, paint glistening, right next to the royal blue Ferrari in pristine condition, so sparkly clean, you could eat off it...

...and behind it sits my mom's old car she'd been driving since before I was born. I sigh at how unfair life can be as I get in my car and drive to the atelier. Noting the darkening blue and purple mass on my cheek, I make sure my hood is up before entering the shop.

"Ah, Jungkook. Here for Jin and Joon's tuxes?" Mr. Lee says as I approach the counter.

"Yeah. They're both really hyped for the Princess's birthday ball Saturday night," I answer, noticing someone else in the shop.

"I'll be right back with those," Mr. Lee says, leaving me alone at the counter. Now that he's gone, I'm free to keep staring at the other occupant in the shop. I've noticed her before—she's always looking at various types of fabric, but all the fabric has one thing in common: it's all materials typically used in special occasion ensembles. She's looking at various shades of pastel taffeta, fingers deftly stroking the fabric as she examines her options.

I blink, and the next thing I know, I'm standing next to her. "I think this one would look amazing on you," I say, pointing to a periwinkle bolt of taffeta.

The girl doesn't look up at me as she answers; she just adjusts the glasses perched on her nose. "You think so? I was leaning more towards this one." She points to a soft pink.

"No, this one. Definitely." I unwind a little bit of the fabric and hold it up to her, analyzing her face. "You know, you kind of look like—"

"Kook! I have those tuxes for you!" Mr. Lee calls.

"I-I'm sorry. I, uh, I have to go," I stammer, putting the fabric back on the shelf. "Maybe I'll see you at the princess's birthday ball Saturday night?"

The girl smiles, a twinge of sadness in her expression. "Count on it," she says, then she goes back to examining fabric.

"Someone has a little crush, don't they," Mr. Lee teases as I pick up Jin and Joon's tuxes.