Chapter 6

"Ms. Dani, your parents are here " Austia said, slightly opening my door.

"Okay. I'll go down in a while." I said, turning towards her. "Thanks, Austia."

I changed my white chiffon dress to a black tanktop, a purple cardigan, black denim shorts, a heart locket, a gold charm bracelet, and a pair of punk and brown Chucks. I undid my ribbon and this time, without the ribbon, combed my hair back to place.

"Dani, you okay?"

I turned around to  find a 22 year old boy with curly brown hair, is wearing a yellow shirt, dark jeans, a pair of addidas, and a black and red varsity jacket.

"Hey Dani." He said, waving.

My eyes flew open. "Dustin? OH MY GOD! It is you!" I ran up to him and hugged him.

He hugged me back." Yeah. I just came back from Spain, so I decided to sleep over." He hesitates. " I mean, if that's okay with you."

"Yeah, it's fine!" I said, smiling at him. "Come on, I'll introduce you to my fiance" 

"Fiance?"

"Yeah. James Adamson."

"Wait...THE Adamson?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Damn, Dani! Who knew that you would be wed to a multi-millionaire!" He said with a mock smile.

"Correction: SON of a multi-millionaire." I said, pulling him. "Now, let's go!"

 We decended the stairs and walked in on my parents talking to the Adamsons. They turned to look at us when we started approaching them.

"Mom, Dad!" I said, breathless.

"Dani, don't run. You might trip." Mom said.

"Yeah, but look! Dustin's back!" 

I pushed Dustin forward.

"I see that, Dani." My mom said, smiling. "Welcome back, Dustin. How was Spain?"

Dustin walked forward and kissed my mom's cheek. "Glad to be back, Aunt Julianna. So many pretty girls. Oh, and uncle, Spain won FIFA."

My dad pouted. "I wanted Brazil to win... Please, Dustin. Sit down."

"Thanks." He said, taking a seat and casually putting an arm around me. From the corner of my eye, I see James flinch and I mentally smirk.

"Nick, please prepare the guest room nearest to Dani's room." Dad said, smiling at the young butler. "You can get Austia to help you,"

"Of course, sir." Nick said, leaving.

Suddenly I remember something. "Right! Dustin, meet my fiance James. James' parents Aunt Clarette and Uncle Dominic and his friend, Jana."

"Nice to meet a young man so refined." Uncle Dominic says, shaking hands with Dustin.

"You too, sir."

Mom looks at her watch. "It's 12:00. Andrew and I are going to sleep. Nick and Austia already prepared rooms for you all. Good Night." She finishes, smiling as her and dad ascend the stairs.

"Hey, let's go see what Nick did to your room this time." I giggled and pulled Dustin up the stairs. 

"DUSTIN! DANI! NO RUNNING!" My mom yelled.

"ROGER THAT!" We said simultaneously and laughed.

James POV

* Who was that guy?*

"James?" Jana softly said. "What's wrong?"

I sigh. "Nothing."

"I think I know my brother enough to know that that's not a nothing."

"It's just that...I have a bad feeling about that Dustin guy."

Jana grinned and I curiously cocked and eyebrow at her. "What?"

"You're jealous of Dustin."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"AM NOT!"

"ARE TO--"

I pushed her and we both fell down on the sofa. Both of us laughing our heads off.

Jana smiles. "I miss messing with you, my cute, abnormally tall younger brother." She said, pinching my cheeks.

I chuckle and kiss her forehead.

"James, what's taking you so lo--"

I looked up the stairs to see familiar brown eyes, now full of betrayal, sadness and anger. I immediately did the first thing I can think of. I shrieked, "IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!"