Chapter 2

I'm so excited! I finally get to see my fiance! But when I faced him, all that came out was...

"You?!?" I asked.

And he mocked me! He mocked me right in front of my parents!

"You know each other?" Aunt Clarette asked.

"Yes, unfortunately."

"Dad it"s 6:15." James said.

"Oh, yeah. You're right James. Andrew, Julianna, we have to go. The party's starting." Uncle Dominic announced.

He said something to James and left. Why does this have to happen to me?

When we went to the mansion's grand ballroom, Uncle Dominic announced that James, the birthday boy, is here.

"And James has something to announce." Uncle Dominic said.

"Thanks, dad." He said as he hugged his dad. "I am just here to announce that I, James Austen Adamson and Daniella Brianna McHenry," He said as he grabbed my waist, "Will be engaged starting today, and I shall seal it with a kiss."

I was so surprised that I can't move. I couldn't do anything about it, if I push him away, it would destroy the McHenry reputation, so I let him. I waited as his lips touched mine I felt fireworks, but nope, I'm not falling for him. I might be marrying him, but I'm not falling in love with him. NOT A CHANCE!

I heard applause as we pulled apart. I blushed and when I looked away, I swear I saw him smirk.

"Thank you for listening, everyone. Please continue enjoying the party." James said leaving the stage.

As soon as we were far from the crowd, I grab his hand, dropped it and turned to look at his face.

"Why did you do that?" I asked him, furious.

"Why, can't I kiss my own fiance?" He answered.

"You're impossible!" I said, throwing my hands in the air, furiously.

"Hey, Dani. It was just a little kiss. Why are you so upset when it's just a little kiss?" He said.

I couldn't answer his question, but if I don't answer then he'll find out...I have to answer.

"I...I...." I said, stammering.

"You what?" He answered.

"It's just that..."

"Just what, Dani? SAY IT!"

I can't believe it! He screamed at me! I thought he was different....I guess he's just like other guys.

"Dani, what is it?" He asked.

"I...I..." I started. "Just leave me alone, James. See you tomorrow." I said, mustering a smile and leaving.

"Dani!" He said. "Could it be that....that was her first kiss?"

=End of Chapter=