Chapter TWO

Chapter TWO

Finally, Back

Vann's POV

After a very long time of leaving Philippines, I was finally got a chance to convince mom that I will go back here. The place where I was being born, raise and meet her for a short time has already change a lot. From the small buildings and facilities to the large one. Even the place where we bid goodbye to each other has change also. The tree has also grown into large one but the memory that we shared here is still fresh on my mind though I was so young back then.

"You… Are you really leaving?" she approaches me while crying. I cried also. I'm sure I would really miss her so bad. She’s my hero, my sword, she’s the one and only friend that I have.

I wipe off the tears from her eyes and let her sat beside me under the tree where we usually played together after our class hours.

"Why are you crying?"

"You are my best friend." she sobbed. "I---I don’t want you to leave."

I tap her head. "Alright, don't cry. My mom said we only stay there for a short time. I'll be back soon."

Her face lit up. "Talaga?"

"Mmm. You have my word." I assured her.

"I'll marry you when your back."

I smiled as I heard her mutter that word. "You're a girl, I will be the one to propose you when I'm back."

"Hmmm. Ganun ba yun? Okay." sang-ayon nya sabay tango.

"Son, time to go." I heard my mom calling me.

I help her stand up and hugged her.

"I'm leaving already. I will wait for you here when I’m back."

"Mmm. Bye." she said and waved her hands.

I waved back. "Bye."

'Even before I left, I hadn't told her that I was  Laurent Vann Mendoza, from class 3.'

I let out a long sigh and finally come back to my senses. I walked and went to where I park my car and about to open when someone from inside open it. Tumambad sa akin ang mukha ni Vince.

"Are you done?" tanong nya ng nakalabas at sumandal sa sasakyan ko.

"Vince? What Brings you here?" I asked.

"Tssk. Igalang mo naman ako. I'm your uncle." mapanuyang sabi nito.

"It's as if your older than me."

"By the way, have a drink with me." he said and handed me a can of Sujo.

"Tssk… No, I still need to drive." I decline.

"Scolded by Harabeoji again?" tanong ko dahil halata naman sa mukha nya. He looks so down.

"Mmm. I think he is living this long just to scold me." walang ganang sagot nya.

"You asked for it. If you don't want to be scolded, then don't be against him. Do as he pleases. That’s it."sabi ko at kinuha ang can drink na inilapag nya kanina sa ibabaw ng sasakyan ko at ibinigay ito pabalik sa kanya.

"Tssk… As if she would come when you’ll alone here standing for hours, wait and wait though your not
sure if she would really come. It's been so many years already." he diverted the topic.

Hindi ko na sya sinagot at agad na pinihit ang pintuan ng sasakyan at pumasok sa loob.

I drove my back to my unit. Ilang minuto rin ang lumipas ay nakarating rin ako. After I park my car in the basement, I immediately headed to my room, take a bath, dried my hair and lay down on my bed.