Chapter 3

MAX POV

I woke up to city sounds, like cars and yelling and busy streets stuff like that. I sat up in the early morning light coming in trough the windows near the loft. good I though to myself that will be a quick escape if needed. I turned to see fang had already woken up and taking in the view like me . I shuffled over to him " morning" I said groggily. he just half smiled back like only fang can.
"Morning mom" he said. he knew it got on my nerves, he had started calling me it after he had been wounded by Ari a while back. I gave him a fake scowl. " so what to we do next?"
" Majorly? I don't have A clue ,but right now I think that kitchen offend me some how. so I'll see what's down there we could have for breakfast." I started towards the stairs that led down to the main floor of the warehouse. but then I stopped, what was that!?! I looked at fang and make the sign for listen. we both listened again it came from the door voices and a slight shake on the door. he nodded at me as I gestured light to the rest of the flock. I knew he would wake them up quietly while I watch the door. I crouched down by a table. who were the people trying get in? Erasers? Maybe but it was very early and very bright out side so I doubted it, but when your me you can never be to carful. I knew it could also be some harm less junk collector who owned the ware house but I stayed hidden and quite anyways.
The door to the warehouse shook a bit then reviled a man with dark, curly hair I couldn't really tell his age but he looked fairly young. after him a women came in with a boy who looked not much younger than gassy. after them entered a middle aged man, a Latino looking women, another man with stubble and a hat, and lastly a very over weight guy came through the door shutting it behind him.
Dang, I though that's a lot of people. How many people? Angel asked in my mind. oh, not that many really I was thinking in escape terms not real ones. I thought back to her. oh, ok Max she said in my mind. don't worry I'll take Care of it, is everyone up? Yep, she replied. ok great can you let everyone know to be really quite? Sure, max. she thought back to me and I could tell she was smiling.
I Turned my attention back to the group of people. I could here the two women below us which I think was the kitchen. the larger man was over by the black board gesturing wildly with his hands while taking about math I think. the older man and hat guy were listening to him. I looked for the curly haired dude with a dress shirt on I couldn't hear him with the two girls in the kitchen and he wasn't in the main room. I glanced down the stairs and stared to panic he was at the foot of them and starting to come up. I froze feeling the familiar rush adrenalin starting to active my flight-or-fight instinct, which you know in my case is literal. I looked back at the flock, I nodded to fang grimly. I nodded to everyone else and pointed to my mouth to let them know we were using the secret Language now.
I stood up followed by the rest of the flock as dress shirt man reached the top of the loft and froze in shock, but only for a second which surprised me. I stared at him somewhat coldly.
" Ah, Toby," he called down the stairs. oh great I thought now while have two people up here.
hat man came up the stairs looking down at a phone or something. " what Walter! I was trying to find-oh..." He said as he came up the stairs and saw us. Dress shirt man,Walter, looked at him with an expression like, do something! Toby shrugged back with wide eyes. he yelled down the stairs, "uh Cabe, we need your help with something!" Oh great! I thought to my self as the middle age man came up the stairs, now it's going to Annie all over again!

A/N: thank you guys so much for sticking in there I know updates are slow and the story line is just picking up, but thank you to all the people who have read this so far and the people who will read it later on! Thanks you guys for 46 whole reads all ready! I will try to get another chapter out very soon! And I promise it will keep you on the edge of your seats(or bed for you night owls!) the entire time! FLY ON FANGIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!🍪🍪🍪🍪😝