Chapter 5

Walter POV
I looked at Toby as he came down from the loft, and he looked generally concerned especial towards the small girl which a older dark haired boy was holding tenderly. I looked closer and saw she was hurt, not like a" kid got a scrape on her shoulder from climbing a tree", but a real wound very deep, it looked clotted, but from what I could tell from the skin showing through the shirt it was starting to get infected. I knew Toby already knew this as he grabbed his doctor bag and lead the older boy with the little girl to a back room with a older girl following. i heard Paige gasp as she realized the little girl was hurt and I looked at her. she was almost in tears, I knew that was the maternal instinct in her, but sighed as I stilled didn't under stand what she was feeling.

Paige POV
I stifled a sob as I saw the small girl in, what I guessed as, her older brother arms as they carried her towards a back room with Doc in the lead. she didn't look much older than Ralph and her shirt was so torn and bloodied I had to close my eyes as I turned to go back to the kitchen. I blinked back tears as refilled my coffee mug and wondering, who would do that to a child much less a small one?