Parental Madness ~300~ Office

A soft giggle interrupted the thoughts rattling through Rasa's mind after yet another disastrous council meeting with the elders. The Lord Kazekage pushed himself away from his desk ever so slightly so he might peer under. Without batting an eye, he said, "Hello."

The intruder into his office let out a giggle, pushing the teddy bear clutched in his small arms towards his cheeks, not responding in kind.

"Are you supposed to be in here Gaara?" Rasa asked, again, not batting an eye.

The answer to his question comes in the form of a small child clambering into his lap and plopping himself down. The teddy bear remained clutched in his arms while another giggle erupted from Gaara. His small finger pointed to Rasa's paperwork. "What's that?"

"Paperwork," Rasa responded.

"No. That." Gaara pointed again while Rasa's eyes blinked, unsure of what Gaara was getting at while the small child's mouth twisted in frustration. "What's that word."

"Oh." Rasa's eyes blinked.

"Read it to me?"

"It's rather boring?"

"Gaara likes to be read to," Gaara chimed in, leaning backward into Rasa's arms. "Read to me?"

"If I read this out loud to you, do you promise—" Rasa stopped, realizing suddenly that Gaara somehow managed to get away from his caretaker. "Where's Yashimaru?"

"Don't know."

Rasa sighs, knowing he'd need to keep the toddler occupied until Yashimaru can locate Gaara in his office. He half expects Gaara to fall asleep. Except, Gaara starts reading the words he recognizes to him, and Rasa for a moment forgets Gaara shouldn't be in his office as the child asks questions regarding his job as Lord Kazekage. None of his siblings were interested like this, but...

"Sorry Lord Kazekage," Yashimaru calls out from the doorway. "I'll take him away now."

... Gaara represents destruction to Suna.