ONE

Amara Woods | WELCOME BACK PARTY

[Mature content.]

"Let's get ready, we have less than an hour." Jordan commanded, getting up from her bed. "Ugh. I am way too tired for this. Can't I just skip and sleep?"

"No. Get up before I drag you down these stairs. It's the beginning of the year we have to go. Come on."

"Fine."

I changed into a plain, black, mid thigh dress that showed off my curves perfectly with transparent sleeves. Jordan wore a very similar dress to mine but hers was sage green with thin straps. She looked perfect like always.

The smell of smoke and sweat filled my nostrils as we walked down the stairs. The room was lit with green, flashing light, couches and tables were all pushed to the side, opening enough space for people to dance.

We walked between people who were either swaying to the loud music, drinking or making out and joined the boys at the back of the common room that was turned into a bar area for tonight.

"Well hello princess." Blaise joked, taking Jo's hand and placing a small kiss on it.

"Wow. You look hot." Goyle blurted. Our whole group's attention turned to me as mine caught a certain platinum-haired boy. He was looking me up and down. And I can swear that I saw a little smirk on his face. "That's my bestie." Blaise laughed, throwing his arm around my shoulder. "Why thank you Goyle. You guys don't look too bad yourselves."

"Want a drink?" Blaise yelled over the music.

"Yes please."

After our third round, Daphne took hold of both mine and Jo's hand and dragged us into the middle of the dance floor where Pansy was. Jo wrapped her arms around my neck as I wrapped mine around her waist. She swung her hips left and right, singing the lyrics from the top of her lungs.

We let the music take control of us, not giving a damn about the world.

I felt someone staring at me while we were dancing. I could almost feel their eyes burn into my back. When the song was over, my eyes finally matched with those blue-ish grey ones. He was leaning his back against the wall on the other side of the common room with a girl under his arm. A red plastic cup was evident in his hand.

Tonight, there was something in his looks that made chills run down my spine. Something behind those beautiful eyes other than hatred and disgust; fiery, passion, need.

Deciding to push it away I kept dancing with my friends. Holding our eye contact until Daphne spun me around twice and I lost him.

I don't know why my eyes went on an urgent search for him but he was nowhere to be seen. Just as I was about to join the girls who were now on the other side of the dance floor, I felt two strong arms snake around my waist. Pulling me closer to their figure.

"Looking for me?" a husky, deep voice whispered into my ear, making me shiver. "No." I swallowed, trying to steady my breath under his touch.

"Oh really?" he asked again. His hands roamed up and down my body, leaving soft kisses on my neck. I didn't trust my voice under his touch so I just shook my head. Leaning it on his chest as we swayed to the music.

I felt so strong yet so weak under his touch, his kisses. Like it was a drug and I was getting addicted to it.

And I wasn't complaining.

As the song came to an end I finally turned around to meet with his beautiful eyes that were, now, burning with passion and lust. "My dorm. In ten." and just like that he let go of his hands. I could feel my heartbeat increase, breath getting heavier as I watched him disappear up to the boys dormitories.