Ch. 27: I wanna be yours

“Oscar.”

“That’s a really huge dog.” That voice, Ash remained totally dazed not even registering the comment.

Fucking pull yourself together! Ash silently screamed at his now racing heart as soon as his eyes landed on the man who shamelessly haunted his day and night dreams. As if that wasn’t enough torture already, his stomach did that weird butterfly’s thing that usually happened to him only in the soldier’s presence. He started breathing hard. This was all Oscar’s fault. The bastard even had the audacity to stand right there inside his home looking handsome as ever as if to dare his sexual desire and self control.

“What are you doing here?” Ash didn’t look amused at all, his voice was cold and that startled Oscar a bit. The man was not expecting a warm welcome from Ash but he wasn’t expecting him to be excessively cold either. “And how the fuck did you even get into my home?”

“I was hoping we could talk,” Oscar shrugged as if it was the most obvious thing on earth. “and your automatic gate takes forever to close. I came in right behind you.”

Ash gave a short bitter laugh, “well, that’s trespassing in case you didn’t know that. I could press charges.”

“But you won’t.”

Ash took in a deep breath and spoke. “You need to leave, Oscar.”

“Ash.” Oscar said quietly. “Don’t do this, please.”

“Leave.”

A myriad pool of emotions whirled inside of both men’s heads as they remained stoic in a staring contest.

The thick tension between them was so hard to ignore, it was thick enough to even slice out with a round bladed knife. However for Ash, there was mostly anger and utter dejection radiating from his features. Oscar’s words at the hospital had hurt him. Maybe he could have put up a fight for him that day but for some reason, just those words, I can’t do this with you Ash had stolen the will to fight from him.

Suddenly he felt his whole body starting to tremble and his head was spinning, fuck, this had never happened to him before. He hated feeling this way. Especially in front of a man he had confessed his undying love for then he responded by pulling the rug off his feet, making him fall into an endless pit of pain.

Oscar noticed how Ash was trembling so badly and his eyes were now getting a little dropsy. He feared at this rate the man was going to certainly fall. “Maybe you should sit…”

“Why the fuck do you care? Huh?” Ash asked hoarsely. “You shouldn’t be here anyway. I don’t want you here.”

Oscar groaned. “Don’t make me carry you inside your own house Ash because you know I will.”