1.

"Carolina, you need to get out of bed! It's 7:30!" I heard my mom yelling from the kitchen

I made the very tough decision of finally putting my book down and getting out of bed. I pushed the duvet off of me and made my way down to the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetheart." My dad says, looking up from his newspaper.

"Good morning, Daddy." I say back, pouring myself a cup of coffee.

My dad and I have a very close relationship. He has always been there to listen to me, he understands me. I have always loved to watch him paint, he sits out in the front yard and paints when he has the time which is never often. I always wish that he could quit his job at the insurance company and paint for a living. Sadly, life isn't that easy, and you can't just quit a business you started at the drop of a hat. He is such an amazing painter, and he has such a passion for it. He paints pictures mostly out of emotion, depending on what he is feeling that day, he paints what connects to that, what matches the energy.

I opened the fridge to grab the coffee creamer, pouring a bit in my coffee and sitting down at the table to drink it. My mom was making smoothies. I watched as she cut up bananas, strawberries, and raspberries, then threw them in the blender.

My mom and I's relationship is very... different. Everything had to be in her control, and when she realized she couldn't control me, and just shut me out. Of course my mom and I don't have the best of relationships, but I do still love her very much and I would be torn apart if something were to happen to her.

He handed me a cup that had some of the smoothie she made it. "You need to eat before you go." She said.

I took a couple drinks and got up from the table, making my way back to my room to get dressed. I rummaged around through my closet looking for my uniform. It was my very last day of high school which I couldn't be happier about. Tonight my best friend, Aurelia and I are going to a concert to see a band called LethalThreat. She's really into their music, I have never found much interest in it.

Ari has been saving up her money in her little piggy bank since she could crawl. The second that she found out LethalThreat was coming to our area, she bought 2 front row tickets, one for her, obviously, and then one for me.

great.

She is very free spirited and the type who likes to go out and party at night. She has never been one to give a shit about what anyone thinks. She's more like an older sister to me in that sense. I look up to her. I would die to have the confidence she does. While she would rather go out, drink, and get laid every night, I prefer to stay home, read, and study.

I threw on my uniform and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I ran a hairbrush through my black wavy hair and pinned a small section on one side up. I put a little mascara on and brushed my teeth. After I put my tooth brush back in the cup that sat on my counter, I put on some of my favorite lipgloss.