2.

Play that when you see the *

Carolina Smith:

Aurelia left her arm slung around my shoulder as we walked home. I can't stop thinking about what happened at school today. What was eating at me was I woke up on the bathroom floor and I can't remember how I got there. The last thing I remember was the voice of our school secretary over the intercoms.

"This is not a drill. Intruder in the building. Everyone report to the gym immediately"

What would someone want with our school? There are only like a hundred kids in the whole building, and there is nothing valuable in the building itself.

"Aurelia, how did I get to the bathroom?" I asked, hoping maybe she was with me, or saw me walk in there.

She cleared her throat nervously. "Um, well I have no idea. I wasn't anywhere near you." She said with a bit of a stutter.

"Oh. Okay." I don't know how she expects me to be completely fine at the concert tonight. I woke up almost 2 hours after school got out on the bathroom floor. I can't remember anything that happened. But I get that she's beyond excited, so I'll just have to push whatever happened to the back of my mind until the night is over.

"Excuse me ladies, I must stop you and inform you that public affection is not to be showed while on this sidewalk where the whole town can see you." Birch's strange voice spoke as he stepped in front of us.

"Birch, what are you doing now?" I asked him, seeing as he had on a construction vest and a fake cop's hat.

"I am the new security guard and officer of Woodpine, as a matter of fact. Like my hat?" He replied back with. "Unfortunately girls, I will have to fine you for that, her arm was over your shoulder, and that is breaking the law stating that there is no public display of affection allowed."

"Well, why? It's never been a problem before. And you never seem to care when Jess is swapping saliva with some random girl." Ari asked sarcastically as he pulled out his fake ticket book. "Birch, Woodpine high was broken into today, she woke up on the bathroom floor, she has no idea how she got there. I am simply comforting her because if this traumatic experience, and I'll be dammed if you stop me from doing so, we have a concert to get ready for and we're already running late due to being on lockdown, so kindly get your fake police hat and ticket book out of my face. With that being said, whole heartedly, get your ass the hell out of my way or we will make out right here and give you a real reason to stop us from showing public affection, and we still. won't. take. your. fake. ass. ticket." She demanded. A worried look spread across his face and he stepped out of the way.

I about damn suffocated to death from holding in my laugher. "Have a good evening, Birch." I yelled as we walked away, her arm still around my shoulder.

I love having the last word.

We arrived back at my house, I walked into the kitchen, Aurelia went up to my room. There was a note on the kitchen table.

Carolina,

Your mother and I have left for a last minute business trip. We will be home in 6 days. I am sorry that we had to leave on such short notice. Have fun at your first concert tonight, take lots of pictures for me. We stocked up on food today so you should be good, I asked Al to bring over dinner every night. Aurelia is welcome to stay there with you, if you ever don't want to stay alone, her parents said it's okay. You can also go to your grandparents if you'd like, or just go help Al at the diner. I'm sorry, I would have texted or called to let you know, but I knew you were in finals and I didn't want to bother you while you were testing. Call me every night sometime after 7:00. I love you my perfect girl.