3.

Song for this chapter:
Heartless- Kanye West
Play when you see the '*'

tw: rape/sexual assault/violence

(Whenever Aurelia calls Carolina 'Car' it's pronounced 'Care')

Carolina Smith:

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this." I spoke to Aurelia from across the kitchen as she continued opening packages of red solo cups.

Last night was the night of the concert. We went back to the club after the concert, Ari was heartbroken when she wasn't one of the 5 girls picked to have sex with one of the band members after the show. We made our drive home and fell asleep as soon as we got inside and into our pajamas.

"It will be fun, what teenager doesn't throw a party when their parents are away?" She responded back with. As soon as we woke up she was begging me to throw a party because we had so much fun last night and she wanted to re-live a similar experience with me. She said we should make it a plan to do something fun and/or crazy for each day that my parents are gone.

Within the thirty minutes that we had been awake, and hearing her go on and on about this party, I finally caved in. So now at 3:37 in the afternoon, I am watching her stack up cups and make some form of fruit punch which I am sure is just a bunch of alcohol. 

I still have my braids in from last night, I have no desire to take them out anytime soon. My hair will be a mess. I am wearing a pair of nike shorts and a t-shirt, it's what I slept in. She and I have both been in our pajamas since we woke up.

I grabbed an apple out of the fruit bowl on the table. "The teenager that is trusted by her parents." I said and took a bite out of the apple. I flopped down on the recliner that sits in our living room and propped my feet up on the back of the couch.

"Okay, I sent a text to everyone I know about this party and told them to spread the word. There are gonna be a hell of a lot of people here, I hope you know. Think uncle Al would cover for us?" She asked and she clapped her hands together and walked into the living room where I was.

"Well, there is only one way to find out. We can go to the diner and ask him." I got up and started walking up the stairs to get dressed. "Oh, and Ari, how many people do you think will be here?" She just smiled and motioned for me to go upstairs so she could follow.

oh boy

My house is really big, it was 26 million dollars. So, space wasn't my issue, it was there being a bunch of reckless teenagers in my house. If worse comes to worse, I'll just lock myself in the library and read until the night is over.

We went up to my bedroom and I started making my bed as she looked through my closet to find something to wear. "Car, can I wear this?" She pulled out a white crop top and a pair of jean shorts.

"Sure." I said and adjusted my pillows.

I wore a tight red t-shirt with a black skirt and tucked my shirt in. I sat down at my vanity and debated taking my hair out. I knew it was going to be messy and knotted. Pulling the elastic bands from the bottom of my braids off my hair, the bottom of the braid fell out. I strung my fingers through the remaining bit of my hair removing the rest of the braid.

okay it's not that bad.

It was pretty wavy, but it wasn't as frizzy or knotted as I thought it would be. I pinned a section of the left side up and just left it be. Ari had her hair down last night so she just put hers up in a ponytail. We both slipped on our sandals and went to the bathroom to brush our teeth. I pulled my toothbrush out of the little cup on my bathroom counter and put my toothbrush under the water. The taste of the minty toothpaste against my tongue reminded me of Harry Styles blowing smoke into my mouth.