Bitter Butter《Short》

Hawks POV
---------------------
Everything is so boring, I think playing my my bow and arrows.

"Hey Cupid." My friend Shawn says teasing me for my pink painted bow. Curse you Travis.

"What do you want?" I ask him as he looks out the window.

"I was thinking we could go outside, and do something."
"Like what?" I asked curiosity creeping in me.

He shrugged, "Something."

I scoffed, "I know that but, what do you want to do?"

"I dunno, eat?" Really? As if that wasn't obvious!

"Didn't you have a snack like ten minutes ago?"

"Well unlike you I like food."

"I like food too." I retorted crossing my arms

"No you like apples, Appleseed."

I scrunched up my nose, "Never, ever call me appleseed." I crossed my arms and pouted. This day sucks.

"Sorry." I turned to him, "I shouldn't of called you Appleseed."

"it's fine-"

"Great now let's go to the library!"

He shouted dragging me out of my room.

Like I said this day sucks, now he is probably going to make me stalk that girl with him.

He has serious problems, he needs help.

<In the library>

The library is nice, the books are organized, and it has a calm aura.

"There she is!the prettiest girl in the land." Shawn said sighing. Pointing to a girl with long pink hair, bright green eyes, and a serious look on her face.

"I'm going to marry her." Shawn said, I looked at him oddly, "You do realise that we are 6 right?"

He ignored me, "I should go. Bye."

"Bye." He said pretending to look at books. Not giving me a glance.

I go to the two guards waiting for me. "Let's go."

We left, but I couldn't stop thinking, that Shawn is going to have some serious issues. I pity his mother.

But I shouldn't be mean, my mom says not to. And my granny scares me a bit.

"Hawk, I asked you a question are you going to answer?"

My head snapped up, "what is it Granny?" I asked facing her only to be greeted with a frown, "Nevermind, I have to leave." She walked away from me.

"Your highness?"

I turned to see Clare my maid, "what is it Clare?" She smiled, "I was wondering if you would like to go to the kitchen with me and have the apple pie I made for you?"

I shot up excitedly her pies were sooo good! "Yeah!" I said shaking with excitement, running toward the kitchen.

"Hmmm" I said sighing contentedly taking another bite of the warm pie that was melting in my mouth.

"Do you like it your highness?" She asked handing me a napkin.

I nodded, "yeah..." I suddenly felt like my heart stopped.

Fala, would eat the pie with me... I felt bad. I put down the fork.

"Are you full your highness?" I shook my head and sighed pushing away the plate. "What's wrong?" She asked "Does it taste bad?"

I sighed, "When's Fala coming back?"

She paled and seemed to freeze.

"Would you like another slice?" She asked hurriedly giving me a tight smile.

"When's Fala coming back?" I asked again.

She sighed and sat down, "I- I don't know, your highness, I don't know."

"I miss her." I said looking at the pie that seemed to be taunting me.

"I know... I know." She said rubbing my back.

"The pie doesn't taste right." I said looking away from her not willing to meet her eyes.

"If you want to talk about it I'm sure your grandmother would love to-"

"I think it's the butter."

she looked confused, "Pardon?"

"I don't think it feels right. I think its lonely, and bitter. It might want a friend or its sister back. But mostly it wants its parents... it might get jealous when looking at families, that's why its bitter... bitter butter, it will feel better soon." I walked away.

I just want Fala.

I'd give up all the apples in the world for her to come home!

I want my sissy...

"Your highness... your sister will come back soon, I promise."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Little did she know that soon would mean many many years later.