one

𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙞𝙯𝙖𝙬𝙖'𝙨𝟭𝟭:𝟯𝟰 𝗽𝗺

𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙞𝙯𝙖𝙬𝙖'𝙨
𝟭𝟭:𝟯𝟰 𝗽𝗺

"(y/n), i won't be home until next weekend or so. make sure to tell the kids for me." shouta gently pat your shoulder as he headed towards the door. you simply hummed as you continued to stare at the computer in front of you, not really interested in what he was saying.

"could you at least pretend that you heard me?"  he stopped in front of the door of your family home as he crossed his arms waiting for your attention. you spun your chair to face him, placing one hand in the other before leaving them in your lap.

"it's the same thing every times shouta, what could you possibly be saying that's different this time?."

he sighed and dropped his arms before reaching into his pocket to grab the house key, "look. i won't be home for bit, i thought i should tell you before i left again."

you nodded and turned back to your computer to resume your research. "okay so the usual, i'll tell them. please make sure you lock the door on your way out. love you, stay safe." though you said it, your voice was void of any emotion that actually meant it.

he could hear the lack of sincerity, it was his fault and he knew it but, he didn't care to say anything about, not now. he was sure you didn't mean it, it was becoming a loveless marriage.

you really loved your husband, always have and always will. the two of you have been together since you were high school, married when he finally became and pro, and had two kids not long after he began teaching. despite your anger towards him you meant it.

but this last year had put an extreme strain on your marriage. with his class 1-a constantly always under attack and in trouble he was always busy. at first you didn't mind as much that he was working, as long as he came home every weekend.

it wasn't long until him coming home every weekend was more spread out and becoming only twice a month, he stopped communicating, and put his job above all else.

him neglecting his responsibilities at home eventually pushed you farther way. but it wasn't all his fault, instead of doing something about it and voicing your concerns, you allowed him to push you away. as long as the kids didn't notice that's all that mattered to you. so you kept them in activities to distract them.

the both of you also resented one another. before ua had moved into the dorms you'd been trying for a third baby and ultimately failing. the other two didn't need to be tried for, they kinda just got here. but the family felt incomplete so you tried for another.

months of negative test, a lack of opportunities, and a miscarriage was enough to break the damage your relationship, but his withdrawal was the icing on the cake. you understood that he was affected by it too. he was extremely excited for a new addition, so the loss truly broke his heart.

it wasn't enough to excuse anything though.

"don't do be like that, you know what my job entails." not feeling like arguing you stayed quiet. he opened the door and walked out before locking it. once he was gone you exhaled and slouched back in your chair. you were stressed. practically raising two kids on your own, teaching preschool was hard as usual, and apparently there was a new virus spreading.

aiyanna and malachi were asleep so you had a night of freetime. you stood up and walked into the kitchen to grab a bottle of wine and a glass. taking the cork screw you opened the bottle and poured yourself a generous amount.

"i could go to sleep... or sulk on the couch..." you said to yourself as you walked to the couch now with a glass of wine a bag of your favorite snacks.

you sat on the couch and turned on the television, flipping through channels before settling on everybody hates chris reruns.

...

aizawa arrived at his dorm around 1 in the morning, it was as usual dark and quiet, quite the contrast to his actual home. it was always loud and lively with two energetic kids running around with so much energy they could keep the house lit.

he smiled at the thought of playing and laughing with them. they were the highlight of his life. he just struggled to let them know. it saddened him to be so separated from his family, but his class was all over the place and nezu was up his ass about training them.

despite the constant distance and a lack of presence, aizawa had to look at it as him providing for his family. making sure they were comfortable and safe at all times. his absence was necessary, it payed for extra food, toys, little gadgets the kids needed, and many other things.

where would you and your family be if it wasn't for his sacrifice?

since aizawa made so much money doing hero work he had convinced you to put your money away as an emergency fund in case all went to hell.

exhausted from a day of playing and refereeing stupid disputes the man simply changed into a pair of pajamas and head straight to bed. grading was up to date and the students had most likely went to bed considering the curfew put in place so sleep seemed to be the best option.

laying in his somewhat comfortable bed, aizawa quickly fell asleep planning what he had in store for class tomorrow.

(a/n: short little chapter, kinda angsty. this book's chapters probably won't be too long any ways like 800- 1k words each.)