1

I was sitting in the living room doing my homework when all of a sudden there was a knock at the door.

I was pretty confused as I didn't expect mom to be back at this odd time. And there's no one who would visit us.

I got up from the floor and went towards the main door to open it. Heh what did you expect that I got up from the sofa? What a joke, that two people can't even afford 2 meals a day can afford a sofa? You must be funny.

So when I opened the door, there was a police who was looking at me with pity. I know her. She is the one that patrol around this area.

"What can I do for you?" I asked her in a emotionless tone.

"Aly your mother met in an accident, she's at the hospital." She said and my eyes widened. My heart began to beat so fast.

No. Nothing can happen to her. She is the only one I have. The only one who cares about me.

"Alysa?" The police women slightly touched my shoulder to break me out of my trace.

I took a deep breath and said "let's go. Right now. I'm gonna wear my shoes." I hurriedly wore my shoes and went towards her car.

At the hospital

I went running to my mom's room but a nurse stopped me.

I looked at her pissed. She audibly gulped and said "M-miss, you can't go in. She is in critical condition and she might get infected." I just nodded as I don't want mom to get infected. The nurse went inside again. And I took a sit waiting for the doctor to come out.

After sometime, the same nurse came out of the room and asked me " Are you Alysa? The patient's daughter?" I nodded. "Come inside please. The patient is asking for you."

I went inside the room and the site of my mother immediately brought tears in my eyes. She was looking so weak. I have never in my life saw my mom so weak. She looks like evens a fly cans hurt her. I quickly wiped my tears and went towards her direction. She won't like to see me cry.

"Mamma." I said barley above a whisper. If I saw out loud, my voice will surly crack and I will burst out crying a river right now.

"My Princess. Come give mamma a hug." I quickly ran to her and hugged her.

When I got up she took my hand in her warm ones. "Listen baby. I don't have much time left."

"Don't say such thing mamma. Everything is gonna be fine. You're gonna come home with me."

"Who are you kidding. I know I don't have much time left. So baby, please lead a good life and be happy. Don't make the same mistakes I've done in life. I want y-you to be happy." She was trembling when she said that. But still gave me her warm smile. The motherly smile.

" I love you baby."

" I love you too mama." When I said that, her eyes started to close. Suddenly her heart monitor starts to beep so fast that all the nurse and doctor came rushing toward us.

She took her final breath with a smile on her face. Welcoming her death.

Rip mama. And I burst out crying. No one there to comfort me. No one to be by my side. No one to care about me. No one to look out for me.

"We have to take the body miss. You have to wait outside. We will bury her at the central graveyard." With that a nurse export me out of the room. I don't feel or hear anything at all. I completely lost control over myself.