Chapter 8 Class Couple

Ryan's POV

"Derek daddy!" I squealed as he glared at me while Chase and I laughed at his reaction. Jade from her place, glared at us as I scoffed on her.

My eyes landed on her, seated quietly beside Jade, her eyes fixed on a book she was reading quite intensely. I tried to spy on the title, but her fingers hid the cover.

"Chase you dumbass, don't make me come there!" Derek snapped as I looked his way.

"What you're gonna bring your girls army at us?" I teased as I heard a gasp from Jade.

"Excuse me, we are capable of beating your ass till you become impotent!" She sneered as the class roared with laughter.

"Jade, shut up, we are not talking to you!" Chase mumbled.

"Chase, mind your tone!" Nysa looked his way as he immediately fell quiet.

It was a mystery how she held such power on guys, especially Chase. It almost felt like she was respected more than feared, and it bothered me to some extent.

"Who are you to tell him that?" I retorted.

"I am not talking to you Ryan, so keep out!" She looked at me with a stern stare.

"Why should I keep out, he is my friend and I am sticking up for him!" I shot back.

"Oh yeah, but at the wrong place, so shut up," she hissed as I was a little taken aback.

The class also fell quiet for a moment, as it was rare of her to talk like that, being known as the sweet and nice one, it sure was a sight to see the bitchy side of her.

"Oh my my, gurl, we know who is dominant now!" Derek whistled as the class burst into hoots and cheers.

I felt heat radiate from within me as I looked away, a little shy by what he said. I glanced up at her and saw her cheeks were turning a very soft shade of red, as she laughed silently, her eyes shut.

Something in my heart rang a bell, it was almost as if I could not take my eyes off her, or maybe, I didn't want to.

Her cheeks were plump, her lips spread in a curve as her teeth shone. Jade laughed even louder beside her.

"Derek what the heck-" she laughed as she scolded him softly.

"Ryan and Nysa sittin' on a tree-" Chase began his song as I glared at him, but he did not shut up.

"Chase!" She threw a paper ball at him, as she whined softly. Her eyes met mine as I felt as if my next heartbeat all depended on her. A smile on her lips, I felt as if we were going to have an eye to eye talk, but she looked away.

"Ryan, control your hormones, you will get her at home!" Derek yelled as I laughed to myself.

"Derek shut up!" She whined.

I looked at her, trying so hard to get her eye contact, but she refused to look up from her book, as she placed a hand on her forehead and tried to silence her laugh. Her cheeks were red as I smiled at this odd behaviour of hers.

"What is going on in here, is this a flea market!" Mr Carson walked in and hissed at us.

"Sir, just some couple issues," Derek smirked at her as she shut her eyes while her body gently shook from laughter.

"Okay now stop, lets get back to our novel," Mr Carson spoke as I returned my focus back to the class.

"Yo dude," Chase nudged me on my arm.

"What?" I looked at him.

"You like Nysa?" He asked as I felt tongue tied for a moment.

I looked her way, as I saw her focussed on Mr Carson who was explaining a particular chapter from the novel.

"Why do you care!" I looked at him as he scowled.

"Asshole!" He scoffed.

I looked back at her, now she was silently laughing at something Jade whispered to her. Her eyes once again shut, as her body shook gently. 'I don't know, I don't know what I feel for you,' I thought to myself as her eyes met mine all of a sudden. There was a string of tension between us, as I felt a strong knot forming in my throat. It was her, once again, who broke the eye contact.

*********
'Your eyes always speak the truth of your heart, but can the reader read it?'

Chapter 8 guys...hope you liked it...stay tuned for more🙂🙂🙂