8

Emma woke up in Regina's arms after a night full of nightmares. She sighed contently against her shoulder. Regina softly stroked her hair. "Morning," Emma mumbled. "Good morning dear," Regina said. "How are you feeling?" "Better," Emma said. "What's the time?" Regina glanced at the clock. "Nearly 8. Do you wanna sleep in or get up?" "I'm gonna get up," Emma said. She slowly pulled away from the embrace and stretched. 'She's beautiful when she stretches and looks so sleepy. She's always beautiful,' Regina thought. She stood up and put on her silk dressing gown. 'She looks gorgeous in that thing,' Emma thought. Her phone rang. 'How many times will that ring?' Emma thought as she picked it up. A smiling Ruby came on the facetime screen. "Emma!" Ruby said. "How are you? You're still with hottie Mills right?" Emma's eyes widened. Regina turned around, both shocked and amused. "Ruby what the actual fuck! She's right next to me!" Emma exclaimed. "Oh shit," Ruby said. Regina started laughing. Emma looked at her, surprised at her reaction. "Hottie Mills? Well thank you dear," Regina laughed. "Hi miss," Ruby said sheepishly. "Sorry..." "It's no problem, I like it," Regina said with a big, amused smile. "Oh good," Ruby said relieved. "But how are you Ems?" "Well I was fine until you had to say that," Emma said. Regina and Ruby laughed. "No but seriously, I'm fine. Regina takes good care of me." "She better," Ruby said. "How's Dorothy?" Emma asked, wanting to change the subject. "I'm fine, hi!" A brown haired girl came in the view. "You're Emma, right? Ruby can't stop talking about you!" "Hi, yes, I'm Emma. Nice to meet you! As for Ruby, when she's with Belle and me she can't stop talking about you!" Emma said. "Well she better not, otherwise all those mornings where I got out of bed early to make her breakfast would be for nothing!" Dorothy joked. Emma laughed. She liked the girl already. 'She's so cute when she laughs,' Regina thought. 'And hottie Mills? That's their nickname for me? I wonder what other nicknames she has in stock...' "You know I don't just love you for your breakfasts, although they are pretty amazing," Ruby said. "Hon I know, you tell me everyday," Dorothy said while she stared lovingly in Ruby's eyes. Ruby gave her a quick peck on the lips and caressed her cheek. "You guys are way too cute," Emma said. "You are," Regina, who sat next to Emma, agreed. "But Rubes, what are you doing out of bed at 8 am? That's so unlike you," Emma said. "My girlfriend dragged me out of bed at 6 to watch the sunrise," Ruby said. "Waking up was hell, but she made up for it with her delicious breakfast." She blushed a bit and her pupils dilated as she said 'breakfast'. "It was a really, really delicious breakfast," she repeated as she looked into Dorothy's eyes. "I'm getting a feeling you're not talking about the breakfast a normal person eats," Emma joked. "True. Delicious, delicious breakfast," Ruby whispered as if she were hypnotized. Emma got a small look of disgust on her face. "Alrighttttt..... any plans for today?" she asked quickly. "More breakfast," Ruby said, still looking at Dorothy. "Okay well we're gonna eat breakfast now too so I'm going to hang up bye Rubes," Emma said fast and ended the call. She shuddered. "That's something I did not need to know," she muttered. Regina chuckled. "Alright, so, breakfast."

~

Emma had just gotten a piece of toast in her mouth, when her phone rang. "How many times are you gonna get called?" Regina asked amused. "I have no idea," Emma said. "Hello," she said when she accepted. "Hi! Is Regina there?" Mary said. "Yeah, we're eating breakfast, why?" Emma asked. "Can you put the phone on speaker?" "Yeah one sec," Emma said as she put it on speaker. "Yup." "Great. Hi Regina," Mary said. "Good morning." "So James wants us to stay with him for christmas, which means we won't be home. Can Emma stay with you?" Mary asked. "Of course, that will be no problem," Regina said with an assuring smile at Emma. "Awesome, thank you so much. Emma?" "Yeah?" "We won't be able to call, but I hope a text is possible. I'm sorry that we're spending, what would've been our first christmas together, away from you," Mary said sadly. "It's no problem Mary, Regina's really nice and fun to hang out with," Emma said. Regina smiled at her. "Great. Thanks again, Regina," Mary said, relieved. "Say hi to James and David from me," Emma said. "Will do, bye!" They ended the call. "Thanks for letting me stay here," Emma said. "You're very welcome. I like the company," Regina said. "So, I was thinking, tomorrow is Christmas and we don't have a tree yet. Wanna get one and decorate it?" "Sure! Sounds fun," Emma said. They finished their breakfast, got dressed and went out of the house.