Chapter 11

Alia

TW!! Emotional abuse and gaslighting!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting Victor to convince Queen Embre to let Alia go free and travel across Elaria was easier than Alia thought. Victor was all for the idea, likely because he realized he would have to get on Alia's good side if he wanted to be chosen as the next King of Nymphimorus. 

Queen Embre was harder to convince, but thankfully she ended up relenting, as long as they kept their plans a secret, which Alia was happy to do. 

Which meant Alia Mozinek, General Marco Anoma, Prince Khan Flare, and Prince Victor Slade were about to embark on a journey that would take them all over Elaria. 

Alia never thought she would ever get herself in this position, but here she was. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Marco asked her, pulling her away from her own thoughts. 

Alia nodded her head. "Just please don't come inside with me, I need to do this alone." 

They were in a carriage, on the way to her home. She needed to talk to Niklas, not just about the journey she was about to go on but... other things as well. 

"Ok, but remember we are on a time limit," Marco said. "We need to be back to the palace to meet everyone else before leaving, so if you're not done within an hour I'm just going to come in and drag you out." 

Alia rolled her eyes. "Fine." 

They reached Alia's house and the carriage driver stopped. Marco stepped out and offered his hand to Alia to help her out but Alia just scowled and stepped out on her own. 

Marco snorted when she tripped a little, and Alia covered her face in embarrassment before walking over to her door. 

She took a deep breath before opening it and stepping into her house. 

The entryway was empty and she kicked off the flats she had been wearing. "Nik?" She called out, her voice slightly echoing through the seemingly empty house. 

She heard someone walking around in the living room and she followed the sound. She found Niklas in there, cleaning up a little. She wanted to make a rude remark about how she didn't even know he was capable of cleaning because she had never seen him do it before, but she bit his tongue. 

Niklas looked up at her. "Are you having fun with your new boy-toy?" He sneered. 

Alia took another deep breath. "Niklas, you know I'm not interested in him like that, and he's not interested in me either." 

"Yeah, I'm sure," Niklas scoffed.

"Look, that's not what I'm here about," Alia said. "I-I'm going away." 

"What do you mean you're going away?" Niklas said, taking a step towards her. "You're seriously leaving me? After everything, I did for you?" 

"What?" Alia said, already on the defensive. "N-no, I'm just leaving Impira for a little... I'm actually leaving Aethia too." 

"Oh, right," Niklas sighed. "Because you have water magic so now you need to run on to Nymphimorus. How long have you been hiding that from me?"

"I didn't hide it at all!" Alia said in shock. "I didn't know I had it until the ball-"

"Stop lying-"

"I'm not lying!"

Niklas held her gaze for a moment before rolling his eyes as he let out another scoff. "Whatever."