Sing to Me

Author's Note: I actually really like writing this story haha, I don't know why but I enjoy the idea. Probably because I want to work with kidnapping cases and all that once I get older... but anyway, I'm doing my best to update. Thank you for reading, if anyone reads this haha.

---------

Lisa's POV

"Lisa what's been up with you lately," Chaeyoung asked as she began putting two frozen pizzas into the oven. Jisoo hadn't arrived yet and she was trying to make some sort of food offering before she showed up.

I leaned against the counter and tried to think through what I would say, "I just miss someone is all..."

Her eyes drifted to me, "Someone being...?"

"My friend Jennie..." I replied softly as I rested my chin on my folded arms.

"The missing girl...?" her voice was filled with a concern that I wanted to hear at the moment. I wanted someone to hold me and to tell me that my feelings and my concerns... Even my hopes were okay...

Tears blurred my vision as I buried my face in my hands, "I think I've found her but she doesn't... She doesn't remember me... She doesn't remember who she is..."

Her slender arms pulled me into her chest as the tears began to stream down my cheeks. "Hey don't cry... We'll figure it out... Okay? Who do you think she is...?" she asked softly.

"The girl from the restaurant... I know it's her... I just... I don't know how..." my cries dampened the fabric of her shirt and my fingers gripped her sides.

She rubbed circles into my back and was silent for a moment, "Lisa... How do you know...?"

That was a good question that I wasn't sure how to answer. The only reason I knew was because... I just simply did. I had known Jennie for quite a long time, from one of her birthdays to the next and she became my best friend.

"We'll figure it out together, okay Lisa? I'll help you look and if it's her then I'll help you help her. Alright...? We'll start tomorrow..." she played lightly with my hair as I sobbed into her chest. Her heartbeat calmed me as she held me close. "Don't cry anymore, okay?" she wiped my eyes and lead me to one of the kitchen chairs. "Just relax alright?" Chaeyoung sat me down and continued to make other snacks while the pizzas cooked. She hummed softly as I rested my head on the table and closed my eyes.

I had almost fallen asleep by the time Jisoo came bursting through the door. "I'm here!" Jisoo shouted.

"Shhh.....! Lisa's asleep....!" Chaeyoung tried to hush her as she placed the two pizza's on the counter top and set out a tray of snacks.

"No I'm not actually..." I sighed as I lifted my head.

"You okay, Lis?" Jisoo asked as she sat down on one of the chairs.

"Your eyes are a bit red," she commented.

Chaeyoung stuffed a fresh out of the oven slice of pizza into her mouth. Apparently she was immune to being burned by hot foods because she just kept shoving them in.

I nodded my head and stood to grab a slice of pizza.

After a few moments of us eating in a moderate silence Chaeyoung piped up, "We should invite her out with us!"

My gaze shifted from the slice of pizza in my hands to the taller girl, and Jisoo was now eyeing her as well. "What?" Jisoo asked after a few moments of us staring intently at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung pointed to me, "The girl... What's her name... Ruby Jane! We should invite Ruby Jane out with us."

She had to be kidding. What made her think that would work?