Answers

Lisa's POV

I cradled her against my chest and played lightly with her hair.

Her sobbing streaked my shirt as her fingers gripped the fabric.

"Lisa... Eomma's coming...? Is she mad...? Is she mad at me...? I didn't mean to let this happen..." she cried softly as her breathing came out in short gasps.

She called Sandara, Eomma... "No, no, no... Jennie... She isn't mad... She's coming because she wants to see you... She missed you very much Jennie..." I lifted her chin so that she would look at me but she quickly looked away and buried her face into my shirt. "Nini..."

She clinged into me when I tried to touch her again, so I let her be. I rested my hands on both sides of her as she cried.

Jisoo stooped down to the table and handed me my cup of water before sitting on the floor between the couch and the table. "Jennie, can I ask you something...?" Jisoo began after a long silence.

The girl against my chest had quieted down by then but she didn't respond.

"Jennie?" I called her name softly as I tilted my head to try and see her face.

Her long lashes were flush against her dumpling cheeks and her tears had long since stopped, leaving little pained streaks down her soft face. Her fingers were still tangled in the fabric of my shirt but not as tightly as they once were. She was restlessly asleep against my chest.

"How about that..." Jisoo smiled a little as I took a sip of my refreshing water.

I nodded a little just as my phone began to vibrate. Sandara was calling. I slowly took Jennie's fingers off of my shirt and laid her down onto the couch. Jisoo covered her in a warm blanket and went to wake up Rosé who was peacefully passed out upstairs. I heard her explaining the situation to her as I stood by Jennie's sleeping form. I pressed a light kiss to her cheek and brushed some hair away from her face before Jisoo and Rosé finally came back down.

"Chaeyoung, can you watch over her while we're gone?" I asked.

"Of course, you'll be back soon though right? I'm scared the police will show up here." she said hesitantly.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just watch over her, okay?"

"Okay."

"Ready?" Jisoo asked me as she stood by the front door.

I nodded and followed her out the door. I hoped for the best but a part of me was afraid that the worst was all we would get like usual.

------------

Jennie's POV

"I wanna play more...!" Lili told me as she pouted out her bottom lip after her stomach grumbled. We had been playing for hours in the little shack that I had found. I had proudly claimed it as OUR fort. Well... At the time it was mostly her fort. I found it for her. I knew it would make her smile and that cute little grin of hers was enough to make me happy too.

I giggled a little and carried my teddy bear that she had brought for me when we first met. It was my favorite and always would be because it came from my Lisa. "I'll go get some snacks then and I'll be right back, promise!" I showed her my gummy smile and walked out of the little fort.

I skipped through the woods and caught sight of someone just peering through the wooded area. His focus was on Lisa's fort. What was he doing? I stepped quietly through the woods and stopped a few trees behind the man. He had a nervous expression on his face and his gloved hands were shaking. There was a photo in his grasp and I could barely make out the figure of a small kid probably about my age but I couldn't really see that well.