Things Go Hazy

Author's Note: Plot twist coming....... tommorow's update. I'm so excited. 😈

--------------

Lisa's POV

"How are you feeling today Lisa?" a familiar voice filled my ears as I tried to focus on the white walls and the clean tile floor. Black lined the tile squares as a reminder that something had to keep them in place.

"Lisa?"

"No..." I mumbled out. My limbs felt weak as I sat in a cushioned chair.

My vision was blurred and incoherent as I tried to make out the figure of the woman talking to me. Her stature was professional, she looked like a doctor but young.

"Feeling like not talking today? Alright. I'll ask one more time. Lisa how are you feeling?" she tried again.

"I'm feeling alright. Was just sleeping... Where am I? Where's Jennie?" I shifted absently in the chair taking in the white fabric of what looked like a hospital gown. A label was sewn into the breast of the gown but I couldn't make out the words even when I traced over the threads with my fingertips.

"Jennie's gone, remember Lisa?" she prodded.

Gone? Oh, right. "Oh, yes... Jennie is sleeping. That's right," I nodded at the reassurance as I tried to remember how exactly I ended up in this rather blindingly white room.

The woman paused letting her hands fold together on the desk in front of her. When she finally spoke again, her voice was hesitant and cautious.

"Is that right, Lisa?"

"Of course. We are sleeping in each other's arms right now. Jennie is sleeping next to me," I explained as I tried desperately to remember the owner of the voice that was speaking to me. It was familiar and if I could remember who it was then I could remember why I was here.

"But this is a dream, so I suppose it could be wrong here. She could be on the moon or something. Mm, a random trip to the theme park seems a bit more like Nini though..." I continued.

She nodded her head hesitantly, "Do you know where you are Lisa?"

"I'm in Seoul, yes," I answered proudly. That, I was at least almost positive of.

"Correct Lisa. Do you know where in Seoul?" she asked.

I pushed myself off of the plush couch and began pacing around the room, "Well, Jennie and I have an apartment in Seoul. Then I fell asleep, and now I'm talking to you. In a dream you can be anywhere though right? This is one shitty dream might I add."

She chuckled half heartedly. "Do you know who I am Lisa?"

"In dreams you can make up people right?" I hesitated with a grin pulling at the corners of my lips.

"Dreams are often reflections of reality, although they may be distorted," she leaned back in her chair. "Are you sure you're dreaming Lisa?"

I stopped pacing for a moment and looked back at her. "I am dreaming, you're not real." I replied bitterly.