chapter 39

Kate's POV

"Everything's in order .." I pat myself on the back as I look at all of my necessities overfilling my bag. My belongs safe in this duffel bag.

The lake house looks the same as I last saw it. The only difference is that after today and tomorrow I won't be seeing it for a long time.

"You didn't need all of that ..." I hear Austin speak from behind me. I think I brought too much for 2 days.

His arms wrap around my waist and head dip down to my shoulder. Lightly kissing my neck then to my jawline then my cheek.

"We have to go soon." I say but Austin ignores me and starts leaving wet kisses along my jawline. This feels good.

"We have at least 10 minutes ..." He mumbles softly in my ear as I feel his cold hand snake up my shirt. I yelp and slap his hand away from my bare skin.

"No Mahone ... " I quickly turn around and point my finger at him. His eyes unreadable, lips licked and a smirk appears on his face.

"The guys and girls are waiting for us ... so put on a shirt and let's go ..." I found myself staring at his shaped abs. Knowing that he was standing behind me half naked gave me goosebumps.

"Yes mom." He speaks monotone while going to his closet and putting on a shirt.

When we first entered the lake house, Alex told us that the crew and their gfs are going to a carnival. So if we wanted to go, we had to be ready in 10 minutes.

"Okay lets go .." I speak as I put my flats on, grab Austins hand and run out the door. Waiting to see what happens at the carnival.

••• 2 hours pass by •••

We burst through the doors with balloons and stuff animals in our hands. Everyones faces painted and stomach full with cotton candy and choclote.

"That was amazing !!!" I shout while holding a gigantic bear Austin won me at a ring toss. Austins hand intertwined with mine as everyone disbursed throughout the house.

"I don't like wearing face paint .." I hear Austin comment behind me as I set the bear on the couch.

I turn to him and watch him watching me. His face painted as a tiger. Orange and black covered his face, black whiskers and black painted nose. He looks adorable.

"You look adorable." I held his hand tight as he carress his thumb side to side. A smile creeps on his face as he pulls me closer to him.

"No you look adorable .." His hand comes up and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear. Thumb slowly caressing my cheek as he tilts my head up and connects my lips with his.

"Come on let me wash that paint off your face ..." I say as we both run upstairs to the giant bathroom.

•••

After washing the paint off of my face I grab a paper towel and start washing Austins.

"Have you thought about my question ?" Austin asks quietly. I sit on the high counter top and him in between my legs.

Both his hands holding both the parts that connects my thighs to my calfs. His cold hands caressing the parts. It feels so good.

I run the paper towel under the warm water and turn back to Austin. The orange and black paint all over his face.

"I've thought about it ..." I dab the paper towel on his forehead as he tilts his head up to look at me.

Will you be my girlfriend? is stuck in my head. This is the most easiest question to answer but its the most hardest too.