phobia

"You love me?" The tall gorgeous woman stopped in her rant questioning almost scoffing at the statement. The short male looked at her, shocked she would even question it.

"You don't love me." Luffy stared at her fully now glaring up at the woman. For the past six months he has been hanging out with Hancock and his crew he honestly thought it was going great but today it was like a switch flipped, everything changed. She was asking for attention and he couldn't comprehend why or understand it no matter how much he thought it over.

"Do you even know how you look at her? How your eyes always follow wherever she goes." She started marching back in forth talking with her hands. Something she only did when her anxiety was eating at her.

"How am I supposed to ignore how you look at her like she's your world. YOUR LIFELINE." She looked at the ground biting her lip as she tried to hold herself back.

"And you expect me to believe you love me? ME?" Finally looking at him she didn't bother to glare no he looked into her eyes seeing nothing but hurt as she pointed at herself. She started pacing once again and he could sense his crew on the other side of the door. He could tell she did too but she ignored it soi he followed suit. What was happening? He couldn't figure out what was so different?

"I don't look at her any different." He tried to argue but the look in her eyes caused him to bite his lip.

"If I even bring it up you'll accuse me of making you choose. Why choose? You'll pick her? OF COURSE, YOU WOULD, SHE'S EVERYTHING TO YOU." She smiled bitterly it was the most broken smile he had ever come across in his life. She swallowed hard grimacing at the thick feeling in her heart.

"You're so in love with her that you don't even notice that you're using me; to protect her from you." She took a deep breath shaking her head as she turned back to him, "WELL FUCK HER. I CARE ABOUT MY HEART JUST AS MUCH AS YOU DO HER'S." She felt her heartbreak a little as she acknowledged she was finally putting herself first. He wouldn't have to choose. She'll do it for him and SHe chooses herself. He looked at the ground shocked as he actually thought over her words. Was he? Was he putting someone else first over her?

"What's wrong? Are your brain and heart finally on the same page?" He so badly wanted to deny it. He loved her no one else but Hancock had that type of love he thought.

"You touch her with the utmost care as if too much pressure will break her like, a hollow glass ball. Me? You don't even notice when your words hurt me but I am supposed to believe you love me?" She chuckled to herself bitterly as she watched him finally have his epiphany.

"You can't even think of e the same way as her so why should I try? Why should I keep giving you my all when I don't even have your heart?" She questioned sitting down. She wanted to see if he believed his words still. She was always giving, always showing up to where he needed, always waiting, doing whatever he wanted whenever he asked. She wanted the bare minimum and she couldn't even get that.

"Hancock." She shook her head, the sound of horns rang as she stood up. Luffy followed as she left the room.

"Hancock wait." Grabbing her hand he halted her from moving forward.

"For what? I've been waiting this whole time Luffy..." Hancock looked at him she really looked at him. He could see the hurt in her eyes. The small look she gave him and showed him the amount of pain he put her through.

"There's no point. We obviously don't feel the same about one another."

"Wait, Hancock please." She gave him a shallow smile. Tight-lipped as she shook her head.

"Luffy?" He turned to look to his crewmate. His hold on the blue-eyed female lesson as he looked at the worried look on the redhead. Finally looking at all of them he saw the concern in their eyes. He smiled unknowingly smiling at the navigator.

"...Let's not waste any more time." Turning back Hancock's eyes darkened swallowing she took her hand back.

"You really don't see it, do you? Fine." Hancock stood up straight taking a deep breath as she looked him in the eye.

"Me or Nami."

"What?" He looked at her shocked then he felt the anger rise in his belly. "You said you wouldn't make me choose."

"I'm not." He stepped forward taking her hand back. She looked at him, stoic. Her heart already knew the answer. She knew it would never be her but she loved him too much. She would put herself through this pain so he could have his realization.

"Me or Nami." She asked again more seriously her voice cracked as she stood her ground.

"It's a simple question. Who do you love, Luffy." She stated more than questioned like it was an order. He didn't feel his hand let her go but she did. She showed him that disgusting sorrow-filled smile. The one you only give when you're too hurt to show love.

"Goodbye, Strawhat." She distanced herself from him. Creating a line that she would no longer try to cross. Luffy reached for her trying to stop her, but his feet wouldn't move as he stood there watching her leave on her ship.

"Luffy?" Nami leaned down trying to see the boy's face. When did his hat cover his face? She looked so worried and he hated it. He saw the look before Hancock held it all the time when he was hurt. The difference Nami didn't turn to anger, she didn't rush to avenge him. Her gaze stayed on him and Luffy finally acknowledged it. He did look at her differently. Hancock was strong he didn't fear anything hurting her but Nami was different anything could happen and she would be gone; he hated the thought.

He did touch her softer than he did anyone else. He didn't want Hancock to ask him to choose cause he would always pick Nami. Not because Hancock wasn't wanted no simply because he loved Nami. He felt his heartache yet surge as he thought everything through. Hancock was right he didn't love her not the way he thought he did or the way she needed him to. That was Nami.

He loved Nami.