Regret

A/N Ask and you shall receive

○◇○◇

"WHAT?!?!"

It had been two weeks since Hancock abruptly left the Sunny. Two weeks of Luffy staying quiet and just watching the sea. Two weeks of his crew worrying over him.

After all those days he finally told them what happened. Why they were fighting. Why Hancock was no longer coming over.

"YOU IDIOT," Sanji screamed, his face red with anger as he thought about the Empress crying.

"Wait, Luffy." Robin pushed Sanji aside. "Did you figure it out?" Her voice was calm but her motherly eyes were different she wasn't angry that he could tell. He nodded. It took him a total of three days to realize his mistake. He tried to ignore it; to just love her the way he always did but it didn't work. 

Nami didn't care about his elaborate schemes or his wild imagination like Hancock. She didn't actually listen to him as the older woman did either. He thought he only liked how Hancock would always feed him but soon started to miss how she would make stories with him, come up with new games to play, and most of all. She knew him. She could tell when he had a bad thought or when something reminded him of his brother. Nami couldn't. Not to say Nami didn't know she just noticed too late she wasn't in love with him she just cared for him.

"Well?" Usopp questioned breaking the boy from his thoughts.

"Well, what? It's too late she's gone." The all too familiar feeling of anguish washed over him as he remembered her walking away.

"I didn't tell her how much I cared. I couldn't even hold her right." Tears fell from his eyes as he choked on his spit. Tightening his fist as he glared at himself.

"She said she would never leave." Realization hit him as he remembered her smile on top of the Sunny.

"No, I just assumed she would always be there. I fucked it up. I didn't learn how to love her."
Nami went to hug him only to be stopped by Zoro and Robin. They moved in front of him standing upright as they watched him calm down.

"Then learn." Zoro gave his captain a stern look. Luffy did learn but he believed it was too late. 

"Get her back." Robin smiled at him. "If she's the one then get her back."

Handing him an invitation he looked over at the flyer 'Pirate Festival'.

"OK. Let's go." Luffy nodded thanking his friends. Nami smiled seeing how he looked almost happier.

She was used to Luffy being present. Where she turned he wasn't far. She knew she could always count on Luffy but she didn't love Luffy not the way Hancock did. She needed more than Luffy could ever give her and she knew that. She was happy that he too realized it as well. He needed someone who didn't require intimate affection and she wasn't the one.

♤♡◇♤

It was only a couple of weeks since he last saw her but it felt like ages.

Gorgeous. She was gorgeous and of course, she knew it. She knew how breathtaking she could be and for the first time, he actually felt it. He felt his chest tighten as he struggled to remember how to breathe.

Red. The color was a rare sight on her unless it was followed by blood but today she wore a red slit dress. She wasn't in her favorite pair of Black heels no she was wearing a new pair that held her higher. 

Following her toned legs up he finally met her face. She actually wore make-up for the event. A dark red lip and a smokey eyeshadow to match.

There she was. Standing beautifully in the center of the room. Noone dared to talk to her facial expression enough to detour any attention. Sadly for her, he wasn't just anyone and he couldn't go a minute more without speaking to her.