Obsessive

I have never met someone like him.

Light Yagami thought while sitting through Criminal Justice 101.

It is an optional class, despite his major, it seemed like it was going to be intriguing, but this class has been a hard one to stay awake in.
College was supposed to be the exciting part of ones life. New avenues of learning, socializing, and many opportunities to grow as a human. But just like this class, college has been a huge letdown.

Light sighs and stares blankly at his notes. Perfect script. Just like everything he did, neat, beautiful, just like everyone expects.  The only one who see's through his perfect mask is...

L. That guy...get's on my nerves.

There are few people who make Light feel anything. Whether it be hate or affection. But the insomniac detective has managed to get under the skin of  the perfect student that is Yagami.

The lecture becomes white noise as Light lets his thoughts escape him.

He enrolled in this college just to keep an eye on me, because I'm his number one suspect. I have not let a single clue slip to him since my mistake with the trap he laid out for me on television. He has no proof! I just need to convince him I am innocent. I will join his task force and destroy him from the inside! I will look into his eyes when I kill him, the only detective that would have any chance of catching a god!

Light covers his slight chuckle with a fake yawn, as to prevent any attention being drawn to him. As he focuses back in on the lecture, a small smile is left on his face.

---after Light joins the Kira task force--

"Ryuzaki, I am so glad that you have trusted my son to be apart of the task force. He is just brilliant-"

"Don't get me wrong Yagami, but I don't trust your son. In fact, I am 98% sure Light is Kira." Ryuzaki interupts.

The black haired detective is curled up in his chair staring at his tea, which he adds a sugar cube to.
Chief Yagami sputters and begins to protest and is once again interrupted.

"If I were Kira, it would not be a wise decision to bring me so close to you. Isn't that dangerous, Ryuzaki?" Light challenges, his arms crossed as he stares L down.

The detective looks up and meets the teens gaze, his eyes empty, but he has a delighted expression.

"Don't say such things Light!" The chief exclaims. He is ignored by both as their unspoken contest brings tension into the room.

Is that what he wanted me to say? Did I fall into another trap? Or does he want me to think that?
The paranoia of Kira's mind races and Ryuzaki presses his thumb to his lip and chuckles.
Light snaps back into reality.

"99%"

L looks Kira right in the eyes.

"I would bet my life on it. You are Kira." He smiles.

In that moment, their was no room or chairs. Yagami wasnt there, nor Light or Ryuzaki. It was simply L and Kira.

Light felt excitement rush through his veins, this feeling was on the same level as writing names in the death note. Every one of his nerves was on fire. He felt alive.

Talking with L...felt like murder.