13. Hanji

"Hey, are we really gonna be resting at this run-down joint?" Isabel asked as Farlan stretched his back. I shrugged from next to her watching as our horses drank from the water bin.

   "Pretty sure no one's been here for at least a couple year. The walls look pretty run down, but it seems they made good use of these ruins..."Farlan said, taking note of the old building. "Of course if a titan attacked, they'd be able to bring down these walls with ease, but if we spend the night here we should be okay.."

   "That's right titans can't move at night!" Isabel said, turning to look at the building too.

   "Even so, we don't know what goes on outside these walls, so don't let your guard down."Levi ordered, tying her horse to a post so it wouldn't run away. We all nodded.

   "Trust me. There's no way in hell that as long as we're outside the walls that I'm gonna let myself get to comfortable." I grumbled. On cue I took a good look around.

   "Now who's the one who's scared now huh?" Farlan teased. I smacked the shit out of his arm and went to stand between Isabel and Levi.

   When we made it inside, we were all handed a small box of food and a sleep sack that held a sheet, blanket, and a pillow.

   "There we go." Farlan said sitting on his sleeping pack after we found a suitable spot for us to sleep. We made sure to find a spot kinda away from everyone. "Man, I didn't think it would be so easy to take down a titan..."

   "I didn't expect them to be so fast. If it's only one, I feel that I could handle it..."Levi said, pulling out his sheet.

   I shook my head at that statement. "If you think you're going to fight titans by yourself, you're the dummy one here Levi. I'm not letting you do that."

   "Hehe... even against the titans, the 'invincible Levi' still prevails..."Farlan joked. Isabel giggled behind her hand but stopped when she received a small glare from Levi.

   "Yeah cause big brother is so strong!"Isabel exclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air.

   "Yeah, with you with us we'll manage to make it home alive somehow..."Farlan joked.

   "If a large group of abnormal show up, I'm not so sure..."Levi said, sitting on his pack. "Anyways, Farlan..."

   "What?"

   "Are you sure that guy has the documents with him?"

   Farlan's face turned grim at the change of topic. "Yeah, I'm sure of it. Before when I snuck into Erwin's room, I checked all the suspicious place where he could hide the documents... I hadn't thought it would be easy, but there was a surprising amount of unrelated documents scattered around the room..."He explained, and I could tell he was going back to the time in his mind.

   "And then I looked in this table that had a lock drawer... that drawer was defidently filled with secret documents... but the one that mattered wasn't it there..."Farlan said

   "The fact the those documents are the only ones missing... must mean he's carrying them on him, right?"Isabel asked.

   "Yeah, he probably brought them with him outside the walls." Farlan replied. "There is no way is there..."He added.

  "If Erwin was trying to hide something from us outside of the survey corps, then... old man Lobov-san would have found something out by now." Isabel suggested.

   "Hey Farlan, how much of that old man's word can we trust."I asked with a frown. I was starting to get a bad feeling about this whole thing.

   "With the exception of our reward, everything. Erwin got us in the survey corps just like he said..."Farlan said.