afterword

Hello, my lovelies!

This story has been entered for Wattys2015. All votes and comments will be appreciated.

Dissociative personality disorder― previously known as multiple personality disorder, is a condition where the individual embraces the fragments of their personalities and adapts to something commonly known as― alter egos.

The condition is thought to be a defense mechanism i.e. as a gateway to disassociate himself/herself from a traumatic situation that the conscious self refuses to face. The reported name, age, race, gender, posture even, along with the behaviour of the ater ego need not be similiar the primary identity. 'Switching'― the process when the alter ego 'possesses' the body of the individual may happen within a second to prolonged days.

DID is thought to be an effect of severe trauma during early childhood, usually extreme, repetitive physical, sexual, or emotional abuse. Diagnosis regarding this particular disorder is highly controversial.

A few of the symptoms in this Short Story include: itching of the eyes because of her lens, eyebags from lack of sleep, time lapse combined with no recollection of the previous days' happening, no food in the refridgerator etcetera. Yes, she really did write the threat and the email: she just had no recollected of doing it, whatsoever. Jealously over not getting the lead role acted as a trigger to Lolita. Although nothing relevent is explained about the inception of her disorder, there is a vague mention about her foster parents, thus, indicating a history of abuse.

Much Love,

Anon.

P.S: This author has switched to her alter e...g...o...bsqkighljmxqzpsoeqznxiea-...