CHAPTER 6

Chapter 6: Son-in-law

Cal-Laurentt POV

"Date me. We will having date tonight."

It might not sounded romantically because, it was perhaps, I did it on purpose. It was just an excuse, I'm not this greedy but I have no choice. I want her to accompany me until the day ended.

Besides, ang taong kagaya ko na mababa ang antas sa lipunan ay mananatiling mababa pa rin sa tingin ng mga tao. We are not in the same pace.

"She's too perfect for me." I mumbled out of nowhere. She is like a precious thing that I didn't deserve.

"Ayos lang po ba kayo, sir?" Agap na tanong ni Derek nang makapasok sa sasakyan. May dala itong dalawang bukalya ng bulaklak.

"Do I look like greedy if I wish she would be mine?" I want her but I have no right to claim her. I already built the wall between us and I don't want to break it just for my own desire. I will keep the distance any way possible.

Kung iyon ang paraan para manatili kami sa distansiya na katulad ngayon ay gagawin ko. I will choose to protect her until the end.

"Loving the person you love it's not an act of being greedy. Kahit kailan hindi pagiging sakim ang pagmamahal, sir." Inayos niya ang seatbelt sa kaniyang katawan bago bumaling sa akin. "You love her, do you?" Matamis na ngiti ang sumilay sa kaniyang mga labi.

"Is that obvious?" He nodded pathetically. "Don't pity me, I'll make her mine when everything is beneath my will." Sana dumating ang araw na magiging maayos na ang lahat.

"I wanna witness that day, if ever." He get his eyes back straight on the road and drive away.

"Do I have any appointment after I visited my mom?" I asked, occasionally.

"Yes sir, you have a lunch date with Dr. Harvey and Attorney Gray," kaswal niyang sagot habang hindi inaalis ang paningin sa daan.

Napa-awang ang bibig ko. "You mean... Aize's father?" Is Mr. Gray was Hyung's attorney? Of all people.. damn it! Sumikip bigla ang dibdib ko.

"Yes, your brother personally choose him to be his lawyer. Mataas ang porsyento na maipapanalo niya ang kaso," sagot ni Derek. I was happy and dread as well. Maybe I was afraid that the truth will be unveil or I will loose her because of the lies I hold. I still don't know what to do.

I loosen the tie on my neck, I feel suffocated.

"You don't trust him?" Anito nang hindi ako sumagot. "Your brother entrusted him about the case so you don't have to worry,"

"I am afraid... Derek I am afraid," I felt a wave of tears forming in my eyes. "Oo, makakabuti ng malaman niya ang katotohanan ng mas maaga pero natatakot ako, I am afraid that she will leave me after knowing the truth that I lied to her that I am his best friend."

"Your choice is in your hands, tell the truth or keep your lies. Consider your feelings too. I'm not your mere driver... I am your friend Cal and as your friend, I don't want to see you suffer. I want you to be happy in every choice you made." He's eyes were full of sympathy.

Truth over lies.

Suffer over happiness.

Should I choose to be happy while living my life full of lies knowing I will ended up hurt and wounded. Or, I will suffer in the rest of my life while giving up the chance to be with her in the name of the truth?