Chapter 21

Eva POV

The timing for our arrival couldn't have been better, the family is having our typical Saturday meal, usually a cookout during football season. A cookout of this size is typically half chaos, half comedy - no doubt the Gray family specialty.

Which is why invited Callum and Ben to join us, they should be here shortly, though I did sense some reluctance about meeting all of my family.

"So you guys aren't seeing anybody?" I ask.

"We're waiting for our mates. You already know that, Evan. I just hang with Sam, Gray and Jack." Ethan states.

"I just hang with Dan, Niko and his mate Ashley. Plus I still have studying to do." Asher says.

"I didn't want to drop out Ash." I mumble.

"I know sis. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad." Asher explains, but continues with a mischievous look in his eyes. "I heard you caused trouble at Blackrose."

"A little." I smirk.

"A little?! Ash, her and their Beta played more pranks in a month than we do in a few months - plus some were pretty impressive pranks." Ethan adds.

Before we could continue the conversation any further, mom calls us in to help get ready for the cookout. We walk into the kitchen to help but seem to have walked into a war zone waiting to happen. Of course, Asher being the eldest, he has to try and take control.

"Guys! I don't think this is what mom had in mind when she asked for us to help get everything ready." Asher exclaims.

"I'm hungry. I couldn't wait." Logan mumbles through a mouth full of Lay's Sour Cream and Onion potato chips - his hand inside the torn bag.

"What are those?" Asher asks Liam.

"Tomato slices?" Liam questions.

"Here let me help." I say walking over to Liam to help with his cutting. I mean they look about as thick as the hamburger might be, so I think he could use my assistance.

"Logan get your hands out of the chip bag and start putting the other bags of chips in bowls. Liam bring a dish over for the tomatoes, lettuce and onions. Levi grab the hamburgers and hot dogs, so they can start being grilled. Ethan quit laughing at me."

"I knew you'd be a great Luna." A voice calls out from beside me, startling me a little.

"Hey Callum - Hey Ben. If you want to help stick around, if not find chairs out back to sit and relax."

"Do you relax?" Callum jokes.

"When I can. Right now there is a household of hungry people and the rest of the Gray clan hasn't gotten here. Sophia is almost three month pregnant and I'm sure she'll be plenty hungry. With approximately 15 to 20 people at big family dinners, organization is imperative."

Callum walks over and wraps an arm around my waist and someone clears their throat behind me.

"Sorry Asher. Yes, introductions are in order. Callum, this is Asher, my oldest brother. You've met Ethan and Logan, and this is Levi and Liam - Logan's triplets. Elliott is upstairs somewhere. Sophia and her mate Landon, Sam and my aunt and uncle will be over in just a little bit. Everyone this is my mate, Callum Walsh."

Right on cue a voice comes booming from the front of the house.

"Elliott Thomas Gray!" I hear dad hollar, and we all know that trouble is brewing.

Elliott rushes past everyone and hides behind me. I've always been the one he come to for comforting or to try and help him get out of trouble.

"What did you do this time, Little E?"